C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Stock benz..want to change headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 11:00 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock benz..want to change headlights

I just bought a benz, and this maybe be a really newbie question but i see there are a lot of bixenon questions on this form. Its a 2002 C 240 and im wondering if all C class come with some sort of xenon or HID or something. If not, i know you have to buy bixenons and than activate them through the dealership( i read about that on here) but how much does the bixenons cost? Im assuming when you buy the bixenon its the whole deal (bulbs, wiring, casing) and not just the bulbs. I did see that if you want the foglights to match THAN you buy the cheap bulbs? am i right?

i really want to go for the really bluish headlight look on the front (i think it will match the white car well).

Thanks in advance
Old 03-23-2004, 11:20 AM

Black C 240
Welcome,
many of us wish for the upgrad and many have done it. Here is the lowdown.

The Bi-xenons are full headlight assemblys that are a simple plug and play option - I think only 4 bolts hold each one in.

There are MANY places to buy them....some that come to mind are from Steve on this forum (new MB units for I think $1,100, but some have MINOR scratches), or Harris on this forum (for Harton Motorwerks I think) sells them new MB units for around 1500 to 1600, or Performance Products sells them new MB units for 1800, and finally the dealership has them for about 2500 to 3000. You can install yourself (apparently as many have) but the dealership must turn on the computer to recognize the xenons unless you currently have xenon bulbs already (before the BI-xenons came out) then it would be simple plug and play.

Let us know what you do and take pics before and after and post them.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Almost a Member!

thanks for the help

how easy are they to install? im sure this things are very fragile. Also, I noticed many change the bulbs with Polarg White Hi-Beam Bulbs and Philips SilverVision Corner Bulbs. Why do you change the bulbs? bulbs come with the bixenon right?