C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

iPhone & MB Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2017 | 04:14 PM

CLK W209
iPhone & MB Bluetooth

Hi all,

I have an rSAP Bluetooth module in my car, I also have the manual for it, printed in 2006, the car itself is a very late 2006. It's the Bluetooth module that actually has a wired in telephone piece also. Not 'just' a B/T module.

I've Audio20 not the command unit.

I am able to connect my HTC One to the car absolutely fine following the procedure in the manual; Bluetooth on, press dial on unit, blue light flashes, select the phone on MFD, get a pin code, then dial that code and a prompt comes up in the phone to enter that code.

This as I say works fine for my HTC 1, however I've never been able to connect any iPhone my family have had. I've tried the 4, 4S, 5C, 6 etc.

The module can find the phone alright, it goes so far as suggesting a pair code, however when I go to dial it, nothing happens.

It's as if the car sees the phone but the phone doesn't see the car. It doesn't show the MB module when it does a device scan..?

Has anyone had issues connecting an iPhone to a MB module, and found a way to overcome this?

Any help most appreciated, since I'd like to experiment with a new iPhone, but without it connecting to the car it's futile.

Ben