C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

quick ud pulley install question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 E63
quick ud pulley install question

hey guys and girls...im finally installing my evosport ud pulleys today for a 240.. any particular install hints?

i searched but installation for a n/a sedan but came up a little short on info. i have a pulley puller kit, and am not installing the alternator pulley meaning i will use the stock belt. i read that the power steering pulley is a snap on pulley.

any other points to remember? anyone know torque settings for the pulleys also?

thanks!
Old 04-08-2004, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Re: quick ud pulley install question

Originally posted by K9ff
hey guys and girls...im finally installing my evosport ud pulleys today for a 240.. any particular install hints?

i searched but installation for a n/a sedan but came up a little short on info. i have a pulley puller kit, and am not installing the alternator pulley meaning i will use the stock belt. i read that the power steering pulley is a snap on pulley.

any other points to remember? anyone know torque settings for the pulleys also?

thanks!
NO Instructions??

I Would Call up evosport and ask them the steps and specs!
Old 04-08-2004, 03:35 PM

08 E63
i think the subject of instructions for the pulley install has been discussed here before with evosport...

from what i remember reading and my discussions with ben, the instructions were not going to be included because of liability issues or something like that...i dont quite remember exactly what was said. all i know of the torque settings is that they are to be the same as stock....but what are the stock values?

ben, has anything changed with posting instructions since i last talked to you late last year? thanks.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:20 PM

well the p/s pulley is pressed on, not bolted on. as for the water pump i beleive it bolts on with four small bolts. as for the alternator, just loosen the nut and tighten it up. If you are not going to use the alt pulley, WHY NOT? also you will need a different size belt from stock, and a different size then what came with it.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:55 PM

08 E63
hmmm...can someone please verify the belt issue for me please. ive held off installing the ud pulleys. i want to make sure before i use the stock belt in conjunction with the p/s and water pump pulleys. i dont want the belt to be extremely tight and break. ive confirmed using the stock belt with ben numerous times but it seems that nov0798 says i will need a different belt. i am not using the alt pulley because of my stereo system...

help please! thanks!
Old 04-12-2004, 03:34 PM

use the alt pulley, you will not notice a difference in charging cabability. the only difference it made in my car is .1 of a volt at idle.