C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Help, oil everywhere!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 SC
Help, oil everywhere!!!

Car is a 2002 C230 Kompressor, with 176k on it.

I put some oil in my car in Knoxville the other day, drove 230 miles, and I smelled a smell like burning plastic. I didn't think anything of it, because I dripped a little oil from the funnel onto the top of the motor, and figured it just found it's way to the exhaust.

Two days later, I smelled it again, so I lifted the hood to see what it was, oil all over the valve cover and hood insulation, near the oil cap.

I may have left the oil cap loose, I checked the seal, and it looks ok, but the cap is usually so tight that I have to put all kinds of force on it to get it loose.

It doesn't seem that tight anymore, but it still seem tight. About as tight as an oil cap should be.

There is some air coming from my Valve Cover to Oil Separator, but I don't know if that is normal. No smoke is coming from there or the exhaust. My check engine light is not on.

I took the VC to Oil Separator hose loose, and don't feel any vacuum on that line, or the small vacuum hose that connects to the bottom of it.

If I has low compression, and I was getting blow-by, wouldn't my check engine light be on( misfire )?

Does anyone know how much vacuum, at idle, should be on that circuit?

I can't figure out if my car has a PVC Valve, anyone know for sure?

Thoughts?

Thanks guys,

JD

Last edited by andrew_jackson; 05-03-2017 at 06:33 PM.