C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

50 days into owning my 06 C-280 had some questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C-280
50 days into owning my 06 C-280 had some questions.

Hello, I recently bought a 2006 C-280. I've used this site to figures out quiet a few things. So a big thanks to everyone. I bought it with 88K miles on it.

First thing I have been using premium gas and the correct Mobile one oil (changed the oil when I bought it)

I've done my research and i'm aware I need part number a2035406107 to install an audio AUX cable and I can easily install it, but does anyone have a source I can buy from for less then $65? I have looked everywhere and $65 is from MB of West Houston, Texas (i'm about 120 miles away)

Windshield Wipers.....good lord what a massive pain in the ***. The information is so scattered. This is what I think I need but i'm just not sure so if someone will confirm for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Bosch Aerotwin 3397118933 Original Equipment Replacement Wiper Blade - 22"/22" (Set of 2)

Amazon Amazon

Next thing is this wooden piece in my center console. http://imgur.com/a/uoQq8

Can anyone give me a part number and the proper name for this piece so I can replace it. Same the for the cup holder, it does not release properly. I have looked on my own but I can't get a solid answer from Google or the parts guys at MB of Austin.

Last thing. When i'm driving and I let my foot off the gas around 20-30 MPH the cars slows rather quickly almost like it's fighting the transmission or someone is applying the brakes a little. In the picture above you'll notice my shifter boot is loose. this happened days after I bought the car. Could the loose shifter be causing some kind of loose linkage or wearing out some bushing or am I looking at a transmission issue?

There is no definitive jerking motions it's just the quickly decelerating.

This also seems to be worse in comfort mode then it is in sports mode. Not positive though.

I've done some light reading on it but this would be a first for me if I had to replace the box thing under the shifter boot so bear with me i'm not sure how to research it myself yet.

Still an amazing car.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C230 SS
Hello

wow thats low mileage! good find!

about the aux cable, thats fairly cheap actually! back in the day i paid like $135 for it from MB of South Bay (southern califonia) makes since it would only be $65 now. keep searching you may find a COMMAND unit from a wrecked c-class that you can swap in for your HU, unless you have the COMMAND already. additionally you can try to get the OEM MB ipod integration kit and add a BT module to get wireless music into your car. its what i have and it works wonderful
Old 06-16-2017, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230
I had to get new wipers too. Only thing that fit was OEM parts from the dealer. $65 for a new pair. Only $10 more than ones from auto zone.

Originally Posted by Cody Gilmore
Hello, I recently bought a 2006 C-280. I've used this site to figures out quiet a few things. So a big thanks to everyone. I bought it with 88K miles on it.

First thing I have been using premium gas and the correct Mobile one oil (changed the oil when I bought it)

I've done my research and i'm aware I need part number a2035406107 to install an audio AUX cable and I can easily install it, but does anyone have a source I can buy from for less then $65? I have looked everywhere and $65 is from MB of West Houston, Texas (i'm about 120 miles away)

Windshield Wipers.....good lord what a massive pain in the ***. The information is so scattered. This is what I think I need but i'm just not sure so if someone will confirm for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Bosch Aerotwin 3397118933 Original Equipment Replacement Wiper Blade - 22"/22" (Set of 2)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A3TZ17P9C9C3UR

Next thing is this wooden piece in my center console. http://imgur.com/a/uoQq8

Can anyone give me a part number and the proper name for this piece so I can replace it. Same the for the cup holder, it does not release properly. I have looked on my own but I can't get a solid answer from Google or the parts guys at MB of Austin.

Last thing. When i'm driving and I let my foot off the gas around 20-30 MPH the cars slows rather quickly almost like it's fighting the transmission or someone is applying the brakes a little. In the picture above you'll notice my shifter boot is loose. this happened days after I bought the car. Could the loose shifter be causing some kind of loose linkage or wearing out some bushing or am I looking at a transmission issue?

There is no definitive jerking motions it's just the quickly decelerating.

This also seems to be worse in comfort mode then it is in sports mode. Not positive though.

I've done some light reading on it but this would be a first for me if I had to replace the box thing under the shifter boot so bear with me i'm not sure how to research it myself yet.

Still an amazing car.