C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C180k W203 help needed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180k W203
C180k W203 help needed.

Hi all,

my c180k has done 128k miles and has a few issues that I am hoping someone can help me with.
Firstly a little history:

I had the engine management light on ano took it in for work that included the cam shaft alignment and something with the engine I forget totally (it's been a long few months, something about caps or firing?)
and it was great after for 2 weeks.
the air intake hose had never been changed nor the air filter both were in poor condition.
on a hot day I was on a motorway and kicked it down to overtake someone, it for to about 70mph and started (what I could describe as) pulling back, or running out of breath.
this knocked the engine management light back on.
I had the cats replaced last Mot and there is a rattle since then under the car, beneath the drivers door.

I replaced the air hose and the filter.

the light has been off once since, but is back on now.

history out of the way, the issues I have.

Car is still running out of breath when accelerating medium to hard 6/10 times.

Something in engine bay is sounding like a diesel, it's chugging but this is inconsistent.

power steering is getting very light, mostly when turning left it wants to go left way easier than right.

The front passenger wheel is causing some noise or judder, this is not 100% the wheel and is unrelated to engine speed as it happens when costing the car.

Both folding mirrors fold inconsistently, the mirrors no longer adjust and looking some of the wires are cut, this may be leading to issues with some electrics in the car?

I know that is a long *** list! But I am living in hope that at least 2 or 3 of them are easy fixes and my worst fears and not confirmed and the car needs to be written off.

thanks to all for any help.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180k W203
I know it's a lot, but can no one help with anything?