C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C280 needs your wisdom!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C280 W203
Unhappy C280 needs your wisdom!!!

Hi everyone!! This is my first post searching for help, but i've done my research at this forum but i can't solve my problem. Last year I bought a C280 2006 Elegance (3.0 RWD M272) #WDBRF54J36F791358, and i've noticed that the CEL was present, but took i drive with it to the autozone and scanned the car: P0303, P0172 and P0175 were the codes showed. With plenty of confidence, did my research at MBWorld, and then, to be sure, i went to MB (the only one at my city), but they told me that the scanner wasn't working properly, so, i started to do my repairs.

The first thing that i've changed was oil, oil filter, air filters, spark plugs and the cylinder-3 coil. When i was doing that, noticed that the previous owner didn't adjusted the oil filter cap properly and then a lot of dusty oil is (i couldn't clean it at 100%) impregned at the engine front (and many other places). Well, at this part, P0303 was gone.

Next time changed thermostat, water pump, tensioner pulley, idler pulleys and belt; a lot of noise disappeared, but P0172 and P0175 were still there. One night i was watching M272 pictures, to see if there was something missing, and yes, mine didn't had this metal clip at the back of the engine lid, so i bought it, and also got the three gaskets/orings around the MAF, also replaced PCV. Finally engine sounded stable, but P0172 and P0175 were still present.

3 weeks ago i've recieved a call from MB, they told me that the scanner was ready. Chef mechanic told me that MAF values were out of range and everithing else seemed normal, so i got a new one (BOSCH) from AMAZON, installed it last saturday and drove it for almost 50 Km, CEL hasn`t gone, and the RMP needle seems unstable at idle in Parking or neutral (it moves one mark up every 5-8 seconds). So, what i need to do next???

Another thing, when i reach operational temperature, my breaking is rough, i feel like the car is being pulled/pushed but my pedal is fine, it seems to be the engine or something else, BTW, no codes on the tranny, but the transmission service was done with MB trans oil and filters.