C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Ecu from hell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320 2000
Ecu from hell

Background: car came from repair shop said it was ecu, which clearly looked burned out, no sign of anything else burned. Replaced Sam, (used) Ecu, key fob, ignition. Car cranks, turns over, limp mode [yes it needs to be coded to tranny, i know]. I wanted the ecu plug & play-skip coding trip to dealer. So, sent original burned ecu for data recovery and to have returned a cloned version of original ecu- to plug and drive.

Where I'm at: Got cloned ecu back, all original sam, key fob, ignition, etc. Car dash lights, air, etc all come on but when turn it to on radiator comes on high... no crank or turn over. I know fan is a sign of faulty ecu.

I know it's not the battery, the cloned ecu is for my vin, it's not the SAM, the car runs with the used ecu but not the clone, the car turns over with the used ecu but it's not scn coded to car.

ideas on where to go from here?
the BIG QUESTION IS Why is the cloned ecu not working?
Old 09-24-2017, 01:43 PM

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
Benz
Originally Posted by AlohaBenz808
Background: car came from repair shop said it was ecu, which clearly looked burned out, no sign of anything else burned. Replaced Sam, (used) Ecu, key fob, ignition. Car cranks, turns over, limp mode [yes it needs to be coded to tranny, i know]. I wanted the ecu plug & play-skip coding trip to dealer. So, sent original burned ecu for data recovery and to have returned a cloned version of original ecu- to plug and drive.

Where I'm at: Got cloned ecu back, all original sam, key fob, ignition, etc. Car dash lights, air, etc all come on but when turn it to on radiator comes on high... no crank or turn over. I know fan is a sign of faulty ecu.

I know it's not the battery, the cloned ecu is for my vin, it's not the SAM, the car runs with the used ecu but not the clone, the car turns over with the used ecu but it's not scn coded to car.

ideas on where to go from here?
the BIG QUESTION IS Why is the cloned ecu not working?
Perhaps talk to the person who cloned the ECU. Clearly there is an issue there