C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

the strange way I got into Mercedes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 05:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203 Mercedes-Benz C280 4Matic
the strange way I got into Mercedes

Here's the story of how i ended up with a Mercedes!

I am 19 now, a sophomore in college. I have always been a huge huge fan of german cars and I'm confident that's all I'll ever own. My first car was an Audi A6 3.0T. I got that when I was 16, in 2014. I drove that for maybe a year, but I didn't really like it that much. It sounds dumb to say, but I wasn't too happy with it at all because of its connection to the Volkswagen Group, which I have a nasty relationship with (any Volkswagen product that has ever found its way into my family has been an absolute disaster).

Then, senior year of high school, my mom gave me her 2014 BMW 335i, with the M-Sport Package finished in Estoril Blue, of course.

This BMW was my daily driver for all of senior year in high school, and for the first year of college. I drove this everywhere, and loved every second of it. I was a BMW enthusiast through and through, and I made that car my little hobby.

Within a short time I had racked up quite a bit of miles on the Bimmer. My mom has never been interested in keeping any cars around for longer than three years, so the time quickly came to get rid of my baby. I had my heart set on finding something as similar to that car as I could, another BMW for sure, .

I narrowed it down to a 5-series. I set out and went on a search for the exact one I wanted. I was dead-set on a 550i with the M-Sport pack. Driving back from an appointment to test drive the exact one I had envisioned- a jet-black 550i xDrive- I passed by a little dealership. They specialized in lightly used german cars only. I had two hours before work so I stopped in. There on the lot at the very back, spotted my former dream car from when I was younger.

It was a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C280. I had the funniest obsession with the '05-'07 C-Classes. I love the weird peanut headlights, the curvy shape, the leather-covered everything. I always thought it looked so futuristic and fun. I took it out on a test drive just for the fun of it, but I fell in love. It was nowhere near as sporty as my BMW, but it was three times as comfortable. It felt so solid and it glided down the road like nothing else I'd ever driven. I couldn't get enough of the torquey V6 with that weird growl. I fell in love, and I left that day with my C-Class. I never saw it coming. I kept it in storage until I got rid of the BMW for good, and in Spring of 2017, I busted the Benz out for the summer. Best summer of my life. Boat days, house parties, bonfires- and this C-Class came with me everywhere I went. I even drove separate from my friends whenever we'd go places just because I wanted to drive this as much as possible. I took road trips, went exploring with it, drove for hours all night from lake to lake with my friends and never once had a problem. So here we are, today, and I'm still loving every second of it! I don't think I will ever get rid of it.