C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

warrenty for my c230k

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 01:44 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question warrenty for my c230k

Hey when i bought my car they told me that if i switch out my deck and speakers.. that my warrenty for the car will be voided. Example: maintance, oil changes, etc. Can any one reply to this and tell me if this is true or not?
Old 05-03-2004, 07:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
warranty voided only on the parts that you swapped out.

So for example, if you swapped out your speakers, then if your new speakers blow, no warranty for the speakers. BUT, if something happens to your factory deck with aftermarket speakers and they can prove those affected the deck, then the warranty would be voided on your factory deck as well. But since your swapping out both, then no warranty on both aftermarket items.

Say if the suspension fails on you, there's really no way that speakers and deck could have played a role in your suspension failing, so they can't deny you warranty on that. Now if you changed your springs to aftermarket and kept the factory shocks and something did happen to the factory shocks after you put on new springs and they can prove that caused the shocks to fail, then they void the warranty on that.

So it's really a cause and effect thing. They shoudn't deny your warranty on oil changes or things that break that don't have anything to do with your new speakers and deck.

You know what I'm trying to say?
Old 05-03-2004, 08:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
It really depends on the dealer - my dealership said that my entire electrical system's warranty would be voided by installing a new h/u.

Your dealership can tell you whatever they want to; if you do mods, it's up to you to show that what you did didn't affect the rest of the car. And of course this would have to be settled legally, so be careful with whatever mods that you do under warranty - proving that you're right may make you feel better, but it'd be an expensive headache to make your dealership do what they legally have to.