C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

yet another fuel gauge problem (cont' my unlucky streak)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 MB C230 SS 6spd, Navi
Originally posted by avlis
It was in the mid-70's yesterday decided to go on my first Sunday drive with the roof and windows open. After a couple hours I noticed that the belt became irritating. It seemed like the wind was driving the belt edge into my neck. I woke up this morning as was shocked to see a 3” long red scratch on my collarbone/neck!
haha you got a hickey from mercedes
Old 04-16-2002, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
T Bird

Originally posted by Buellwinkle
If I can deal with a 2 seater the T-Bird really looks great, better than the aging SLK.

A chaqu'un son goût as they say, but I find the new T Bird to be a hideous and poorly-proportioned pastiche of the original, without any of its charm. It's a shame, because there is promise in the new car's chassis, compared to the ancient cart-sprung Mustang.

But I am not a fan of retro styling at all, in general, if that is any consolation.

And how is the SLK "aging" compared to the Ford, when the very essence of the T Bird replicar's styling dates from nearly 50 years ago? That makes it "aged", not "aging"
Old 04-16-2002, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Re: T Bird

Originally posted by Mike T.

A chaqu'un son goût as they say, but I find the new T Bird to be a hideous and poorly-proportioned pastiche of the original, without any of its charm. It's a shame, because there is promise in the new car's chassis, compared to the ancient cart-sprung Mustang.

But I am not a fan of retro styling at all, in general, if that is any consolation.

And how is the SLK "aging" compared to the Ford, when the very essence of the T Bird replicar's styling dates from nearly 50 years ago? That makes it "aged", not "aging"
I think the new T-bird is a rather attractive car, provided it's in a tasteful color and not pastel yellow or blue. Whether you're a fan or not, retro does sell. Witness the craze over VW's New Beetle, which turned out to be not a novelty item, but a competent car underneath it's sheetmetal. The '94 Dodge Ram, styled after the old Power Wagon truck, put Dodge's name back on the map. Also take into consideration the new Mini Cooper, which is already selling like mad. Buick is going retro by bringing back the "portholes" which it made famous back in the 50s and 60s. Pontiac is rumored to be bringing back the GTO nameplate. An artist's rendering of the next Mustang shows it too is going retro, with a strong resemblance to the Mach 1.
Old 04-16-2002, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c230k, black, auto, c2 (let the sunshine in), Bose, leather, and CD
Originally posted by Rick

Galaxy.....would you really give up the extra space for a drop top SLiK? (nickname penned by none other than...moi). You cant even fit your dad's golf clubs in the trunk with the top down...and forget about room for packs, tents, gear, oars, hiking pals etc.
BTW.... Capri Blue is a wonderful color on the coupe...if only they'd offer it with java interior
Rick, you’re ruining my fantasy here. You have to admit a chick looks cute in an SLK...right? And well red...I have lots of friends with SUVs that can carry all my gear.

I've giving them 3 times to fix my seatbelt. I now qualify for the lemon law. My car still 'causes me red welts. They get two more times.

To be honest, you know, I spent so much time pushing VW to fix my Cabrio, wrote them letters, talked to higher-ups etc. In the end, my conclusion is that I was hitting my head against the wall. It was so painful. But when I hired a lawyer, everything got better, so I'm going to take the path of less resistance on this one. It's not worth the headache to fight with MB – the dealership still says there is nothing wrong, then I show them the problem and they go: ohhh, And to be honest, it's not my job to be an advocate with MB, so they fix my 30K car that is under warranty. It's their job to fix it. 5 times seems fair.

I prayed to your rain gods tonight for you.

Originally posted by young

good idea! i support that... it's not about practicality.
Knew I liked you!!!!!

Originally posted by avlis
I woke up this morning as was shocked to see a 3” long red scratch on my collarbone/neck!
Yup, familiar with the problem, and if this is a MB hickey, where is the fun part?

Cheers,

Beth
Old 04-16-2002, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Originally posted by galaxygrrl

Yup, familiar with the problem, and if this is a MB hickey, where is the fun part?

Cheers,

Beth
Rumor has it MB is coming out with a vibrating seat and mood lighting in the '04 models.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Originally posted by mbtech208
vibrating seat and mood lighting in the '04 models.
Let me guess....aroma therapy and sensu-sounds of oceans and rain, too?
Or will they take another cue from VW and use flower holders and scented candles?

Originally posted by galaxygrrl

Rick, you’re ruining my fantasy here.
Far be it from me to ruin any woman's fantasy....but then, I have no tattoo on my neck, so...
Old 04-16-2002, 11:05 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Now, kids... please behave. I think Galaxygrrl would look great in an SLK! (certainly better than dasMafia in his gurly Z3). You could deploy that nifty roof as an airbrake while sliding down those SF hills.

Just keep in mind, GG, the SLK is also a Mercedes-Benz. If you decide to trade one MB for another... well, I don't want to hear about it if the belts in the SLK give you hickies, too.

No, wait, maybe I do? :o Oh, Nevermind.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well I was saying to a friend last night that driving a MB does spoil you. I really do love it. Now if I think of those red marks are hickeys, maybe they will be OK, still missing the fun part though.

Thanks for indulging my SLK fantasy.

Beth

Last edited by galaxygrrl; 04-16-2002 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally posted by mbtech208
Rumor has it MB is coming out with a vibrating seat and mood lighting in the '04 models.
Sweet! How much would lava lamps for headlights cost?

If a 3" welt is your definition of a hickey, I'd hate to see what you'd call rough sex. Or maybe not. Can you send pics? :p
Old 04-16-2002, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by tommy

If a 3" welt is your definition of a hickey, I'd hate to see what you'd call rough sex. Or maybe not. Can you send pics? :p
It's to early, I'm too hung over for this. The keyboard sounds loud.

Tommy, I won't send you pictures, but just know you would need those pills to keep up.:p
Old 04-16-2002, 11:45 AM

2002 c230k
Galaxygrrl,
You could always hire someone to sit behind you and hold you lovingly. That way if you wanted a hickey all you'd have to do is ask! btw I can be bought! JK
Why don't you try a sheepskin belt sleeve thingy? My dear mom has one on her S-class. It wraps around the belt making it soft and furry so it doesn't chew up your neck.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by MB-BOB

tommy, I think she's saying you would need those (little blue) pills to "keep up." Too bad you two don't live closer together. You could get a room and send ALL of us pictures...

Oh, boy am I being bad. I have the day off today. I should be mowing the grass.
Yes, this board does seem to waste time. Did not take long to get to senior member status.

Keep dreaming about those pictures Bob, never gonna post 'em. Remember Tommy is Mr. "you'll thank me later"

Beth

Last edited by galaxygrrl; 04-16-2002 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally posted by MB-BOB

I have the day off today. I should be mowing the grass.
Is there some "Texas holiday" today that I'm unaware of?? btw - when you're done with your grass, you can come and do mine.

Beth, I think you would look great in a SLK! I do think that the "cuteness" of that car pushes it over the line to "chick car" though (IMO).

Haven't had any problems with my fuel gauge. Reads full when full, 1/2 when 1/2, etc. Just lucky I guess, knock on wood (Patterned aluminum for you Coupsters ).
Old 04-16-2002, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Originally posted by tommy

Sweet! How much would lava lamps for headlights cost?
$45 per pair...unless you want Orion Blue. That's special order and a one time fee of $1150.00 applies in addition to the $45 installation fee.