C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

I have problems with my C-class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I have problems with my C-class

Hi guys! My name is John and I am new here. Please help me clearing my worries on my C-class. I own a 2001 Mercedes-Benz C320 and I have encountered some problems with my car and some of them are caused by myself:

1) Sometimes when I start my car, the engine will deliver a loud "pop" sound. Unlike the normal starting sound which sound a lot longer, my starting sound is bizarre sometimes.

2) I recently feel that my car's steering is not very sharp. After the turn, it will usually have a bit of "space" or delay especially after I turn into a corner quickly and step on the gas pedal slightly harder. Is it have to be the tires on my car (My car is equipped with Pirelli P6 tires... and I heard that this type of tires are focused on the comfort segment rather than performance.)

3) Does turning the steering wheel to the "very end" hurt the car? I have made one stupid mistake to park my car and I turned the steering wheel really hard ONCE and I think it really hurts my car. Do you think my car is somewhat damaged?

4) Ok, another silly mistake caused by myself... I was parking at a parking lot and I accidentally bumped into a cement beam... My rear bumper is damaged slightly. But part of the left side of my real bumper has sticked out after the accident (Of course it is scratched). Will this hurt the exhaust pipe at the back and will it have any side-effect on my car?

Thanks for reading those questions and I appreciate your help!
Old 05-15-2004, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thumbs up Re: I have problems with my C-class

Originally posted by mbzC
Hi guys! My name is John and I am new here. Please help me clearing my worries on my C-class. I own a 2001 Mercedes-Benz C320 and I have encountered some problems with my car and some of them are caused by myself:

1) Sometimes when I start my car, the engine will deliver a loud "pop" sound. Unlike the normal starting sound which sound a lot longer, my starting sound is bizarre sometimes.

2) I recently feel that my car's steering is not very sharp. After the turn, it will usually have a bit of "space" or delay especially after I turn into a corner quickly and step on the gas pedal slightly harder. Is it have to be the tires on my car (My car is equipped with Pirelli P6 tires... and I heard that this type of tires are focused on the comfort segment rather than performance.)

3) Does turning the steering wheel to the "very end" hurt the car? I have made one stupid mistake to park my car and I turned the steering wheel really hard ONCE and I think it really hurts my car. Do you think my car is somewhat damaged?

4) Ok, another silly mistake caused by myself... I was parking at a parking lot and I accidentally bumped into a cement beam... My rear bumper is damaged slightly. But part of the left side of my real bumper has sticked out after the accident (Of course it is scratched). Will this hurt the exhaust pipe at the back and will it have any side-effect on my car?

Thanks for reading those questions and I appreciate your help!
Hi John!

I'll answer the only question I can.

No. That doesnt hurt your car. As a matter of fact that motion is used to recalibrate your BAS/ESP sensors when you disconnect your battery.

Cheers and good luck!
Old 05-16-2004, 05:53 AM

2013 c300 4matic, 2002 c240
Re: I have problems with my C-class

Originally posted by mbzC

i think you're talking about accelerating. try down shifting while turning corners or after guy in front of you slows you down while turning to stop that 'delay'. it takes good practice. but then you are talking about tires so i'm not sure i'm even answer your question.