C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

The trouble with fuel injectors, or why I wont buy from discountautoparts.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz c230 kompressor sport sedan 2003
The trouble with fuel injectors, or why I wont buy from discountautoparts.com

So I recently had some trouble with my old fuel injectors failing and beginning to leak on my 2003 c230 kompressor. Now in most cases this wouldn't be much of a large issue, but it does make the car extremely unsafe until replaced. So in my desperation I purchased some reconstructed fuel injectors from discountautoparts.com since they were the only company who had them in stock with overnight shipping, which is where the problems began. First off it took them two days just to ship it out whuch had me wondering why I had bothered paying $50 for overnight shipping. But upon receiving them, I began the arduous task of replacing them. After replacing all four, I noticed I could still smell gasoline. So taking it back apart, I pdiscovered that one of the new injectors was leaking from the body of the injector where the plastic top meets the metal body. No biggie, after a quick phone call I shipped the broken injector back, while using one of my old ones in its place until a njew one arrived. Skip ahead about 2 weeks. I've no now had the new injector for a bit but haven't put it in due to time constraints. After driving to work i njotice the tell-tale smell of fuel. Me, thinking its the old one finally given out, set out that evening to swap in the new injector. After doing so, I notice that there are two leaking injectors after turning the key to pressurize the fuel rail. Thinking i maybe pinched a seal I went the next morning and pulled both leaking injectors checked the seals, re-lubed them, and reinstalled them and once again pressurized the rail. Upon closer examination, I was greeted by still having the same leaks, see pictures below, clearly not from a seal related issue, but from the now second and third faulty injectors. So after getting in touch with Joe Belmonte from discountautoparts.com I was told that there is no way its the injectors, and that it must be the fault of the car's computer. That was possibly the most blatant lie I've ever been told as there is nothing computer related that can cause a fuel injector to spew fuel out the side of the body, a fact I had confirmed by several reputable mechanics. I was then told that he could send me some replacements but that he would have to charge me for them. I am now sending all of them back and getting a refund, whether they give it willingly, or whether I have to file it through paypal and get it by force, I also went to autozone and had some shipped to my local store that I am now installing. Wish me luck, and don't deal with crooks!