C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320 Sport Wagon
Unhappy Help!

Took delivery of 320C Wagon on Saturday (13th). Dealer school call on various system operations was pretty sketchy to say the least. Have been able to sort out most operating features except for "auto slide back to exit position of memory seats" Programming the seat/steering wheel memory seems to take, but unable to get the seat to auto move to exit position after shut down. Its my understanding that this is supposed to happen. Any help on this appreciated. Also, the right mirror is supposed to tilt down when shift is placed in reverse and mirror adjust button placed to the right position. Not happening-any suggestions?

Brilliant Silver, Comand, K2A, C2
Old 04-15-2002, 12:48 PM
sal

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
you sure you set those up properly, also if you're tall the seat won't slide back i have the same problem but when some smaller drives it slides back no prob, just double check the mirror settings to confirm that it's set.
Old 04-15-2002, 01:27 PM

C320 Sport Wagon
Sal: Thanks for your reply. If I understand correctly, once the seat position settings/mirror are set into memory the auto slide feature should work when the engine is shut off-correct? Will
Old 04-15-2002, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
Re: Help!

Originally posted by CHECKMATE
Also, the right mirror is supposed to tilt down when shift is placed in reverse and mirror adjust button placed to the right position. Not happening-any suggestions?
i think that the mirror's adjustment button needs to be in a specific position. not sure which off hand... but maybe that's the issue.

btw, any pics? maybe in the pics thread?
Old 04-15-2002, 04:15 PM
sal

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Originally posted by CHECKMATE
Sal: Thanks for your reply. If I understand correctly, once the seat position settings/mirror are set into memory the auto slide feature should work when the engine is shut off-correct? Will

That's correct, but if you are tall or like to sit far back you are already past the auto slide. Try it by putting the seat far up and then shutoff the car, you'll see that it will slide back and lift your steering wheel. I'm not sure about the mirror having to be in a certain positon, but mine works great, it happens very quickly when going in reverse so you might have missed it, i know i did the first few times till i put the car in reverse and sat there till it pointed down.
Old 04-15-2002, 04:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Both the seat and the mirror adjustment can be turned on and off using the on dash menu. For the seat, you can choose between: Just the steering, steering and the seat, or none. Once these are set the way you want, your mirror switch has to be set for the passenger mirror. Then when you put your car in Reverse, it will tilt down (there's like a 1 or 2 second delay). As for the seat, I believe if the seat is more than half way back already, it will not slide back any more. I'm not sure if half way is the actual cut off or not, but you can experiment.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-15-2002, 05:13 PM

C320 Sport Wagon
Thanks all-pics to follow