C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Figuring out options in the car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 03:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350S4
Figuring out options in the car

My mom has an '03 C240 4Matic. I'm trying to figure out what options she has on the car without having to resort to the window sticker. I got an '04 C-Class catalog to help me, but I think the options have changed since '03, which complicates matters...

Anyways, how can I tell if it has the following?:

illumination for visor vanity mirrors
parking assist right side mirror
rain-sensing wipers
auto-dimming mirrors
Bose sound system
leather upholstery

In case this helps:

I don't know what they mean by "visor vanity mirrors" in the catalog, I don't think it has parking assist because I couldn't get the mirror to tilt while in reverse, I suspect it has rain sensors because it looks like there's a sensor if I look at the front windshield but I haven't been around when it was raining, I don't think it has auto-dimming because the rear view mirror has a tab to flip it back, and the front passenger doors have what looks to be leather covering the SAB but suede-like material covering the pockets.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 A6 3.0 TFSI
1) Illuminated Mirrors: I thought all C's in the US had illuminated visor mirrors. If there is a light above the sunvisors, it has illumniated vanity mirrors.

2) Parking-assist mirror: If it is equipped mith memory seats, it has this feature. Otherwise, it doesn't.

3) Wipers/Mirrors: If it has a sunroof, it has these options. Otherwise, it doesn't.

4) Bose: Look on all of the speaker grill covers. There is only one Bose logo on the rear package shelf in the sedans (covering the sub). Not sure about the wagons.

5) Leather: all cars have leather inserts (the center portions of the seats). If the door panel inserts are gathered (vs perforated) you have leather. If they're smoothe and perforated, you have inserts.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c230 kompressor
Re: Figuring out options in the car

Originally posted by Incendiary
My mom has an '03 C240 4Matic. I'm trying to figure out what options she has on the car without having to resort to the window sticker. I got an '04 C-Class catalog to help me, but I think the options have changed since '03, which complicates matters...

Anyways, how can I tell if it has the following?:

illumination for visor vanity mirrors
parking assist right side mirror
rain-sensing wipers
auto-dimming mirrors
Bose sound system
leather upholstery

In case this helps:

I don't know what they mean by "visor vanity mirrors" in the catalog, I don't think it has parking assist because I couldn't get the mirror to tilt while in reverse, I suspect it has rain sensors because it looks like there's a sensor if I look at the front windshield but I haven't been around when it was raining, I don't think it has auto-dimming because the rear view mirror has a tab to flip it back, and the front passenger doors have what looks to be leather covering the SAB but suede-like material covering the pockets.
OMG !

Have you tried looking at the car real good

Last edited by HITMAN; 05-22-2004 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-22-2004, 06:28 PM

2014 E350S4
Re: Re: Figuring out options in the car

Originally posted by HITMAN
OMG !

Have you tried looking at the car real good
Wouldn't have posted otherwise.
Old 05-22-2004, 06:29 PM

2014 E350S4
Originally posted by ffejalink
1) Illuminated Mirrors: I thought all C's in the US had illuminated visor mirrors. If there is a light above the sunvisors, it has illumniated vanity mirrors.

2) Parking-assist mirror: If it is equipped mith memory seats, it has this feature. Otherwise, it doesn't.

3) Wipers/Mirrors: If it has a sunroof, it has these options. Otherwise, it doesn't.

4) Bose: Look on all of the speaker grill covers. There is only one Bose logo on the rear package shelf in the sedans (covering the sub). Not sure about the wagons.

5) Leather: all cars have leather inserts (the center portions of the seats). If the door panel inserts are gathered (vs perforated) you have leather. If they're smoothe and perforated, you have inserts.
Guess it doesn't have #2...

Thanks for your help.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:44 AM

2014 E350S4
Yeah, I guess it does have the illuminated vanity mirrors then.

There's only one door trim insert that looks like it could be leather, and while it isn't perforated like the seating inserts, it's also not as gathered as the side bolsters. It has these little dimples all over.

Other thing I was wondering is why the seat part is perforated if it's supposed to be a leather insert. The side bolsters are gathered, though, which means THOSE are leather?

Anyway, peeked at the sticker. As for the items in question:

*Java leather seating inserts at N/C
*Option package L1 (comfort launch package, or something like that) including sunroof, heated seats, and headlamp washers

Guess there's no Bose, then.

Looking at the MBUSA website for the 2003 models, it appears that autodim and rain sensing wipers were not standard. Doesn't look like lumbar support was a standard feature either. I wonder what that sensor-looking thing in the windshield, right where the rear-view mirror is, is then.