C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

My 05 C230k...Thanx Mark!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BANNED
Originally posted by tyro
Why can't I see the pictures?
For some reason, Zone Alarm Pro was blocking them. Christ, now I see that half the "smilies" are animated!!!!
Old 05-28-2004, 09:51 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C-Class Manual Tranny

FYI - the new shift linkage in the manual tranny is excellent. Not just my words but those of several jounalists who have driven the facelift C and the new SLK - both share the new shift linkage. Auto Week said something to the effect of going from one of the worst Manual transmissions to one of the best. It is great to think MB has a manual which they do not have to hide behind about.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code5chickYour ride looks amazing... Awesome color!
I love it when girls drive a manual tranny!

Just one question: How come you didn't get the DVD NAV?

Thanks for the great pix.
Congratulations on your 2005 C230

Last edited by dewuser; 05-28-2004 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Congrats on the car

On a side note, is it just me or is that tailpipe humungous (<sp?)
Old 05-28-2004, 04:42 PM

'03 c320wz
word of advice. dont get your car serviced at the house of imports. im currently in a 2 month nightmare that started by me bringing my car in for an oil change...
Old 05-28-2004, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BANNED
I Still Think Your Very Pretty

Originally posted by tom incredibie
word of advice. dont get your car serviced at the house of imports. im currently in a 2 month nightmare that started by me bringing my car in for an oil change...
Old 05-28-2004, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Code5chick
I financed through MB Credit and I my rate is 8.something. Originally, I qualified for Tier 3 credit which is 9.49%, but finance knocked it down to the 8-something to essentially give the wheel/tire warranty for free.
They scammed you on that one. Every finance person knows that trick. First they lead you to believe the best they can do on interest rate is 10% and then they try to sell you some worthless junk (tire warranty takes the cake, that's a new one) and you say no (they expect that), then they say they can lower your interest rate to make up the difference so you are getting something (really nothing) for free, in reality they scammed you because if you qualified for the 8% interest then, you qualify for it without the extras, I worked for a bank, I know. They pulled that on me twice already, the first time I fell for it and went back and they removed the item, the second time I told them no, I rather pay the high interest, they then admitted that I qualified for 7% and not the 10% they originally quoted. They make more money in the "finance office" than on the car, don't let them scam you. As for Mark, doesn't sound like a straight up guy if he let you be scammed. Shame on you Mark...

I'm not saying this to rain on your parade, I'm saying this so you can go back and have it removed and keep the 8% rate. They scammed my buddy with this and said the $650 alarm was free, no it wasn't. I showed him a place that would have installed the same exact alarm for $100, he went back and they took it off. They know they are scamming you and when comfronted they usually back down. If they don't let us know on the forum so we can boycott that dealer.

These and other dealer scams are doumented on this site - http://www.carbuyingtips.com/
Old 05-28-2004, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by tom incredibie
Absolutely, HOI is definately the shadiest MB dealer I've seen. They tried to tell me my car needed $3k in several different repairs when I just brought it in for an oil change. I took it to another mechanic, showed them what they said was wrong and he said it was all bogus, a year or two later, none of the items that they said needed replacing failed. True con artists, avoid this dealer at all costs.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:44 PM
Almost a Member!

05 C230k
Originally posted by dewuser
Just one question: How come you didn't get the DVD NAV?
Despite me being female, I'm pretty damn good with directions.....didn't need to pay thousands of dollars to get where I already know I'm going!!!1
Old 05-28-2004, 07:55 PM
Almost a Member!

05 C230k
Buell,

I kinda figured that out after we left the dealer....that it was that simple to just *change* the interest rate. I've always been good at negotiating up front, but didn't realize it was possible in Finance as well.

I could be mad and demand my money back, but the $499.00 he gave me for *free* just isn't worth the stress or my time. Plus, I had qualified with 2 other banks prior to walking in there, and those rates were comparable to the one I got. I'll just chalk it up to experience and play harder next time.

In Mark's defense, he wasn't in Finance at any point...besides it's his job to make the best business deal he can for himself and the dealership. If they gave cars away, what would be the point? It doesn't make him a bad person...it makes him a good salesman! It's all in the perspective, people!

It's all a game........some are better at it than others.....I'm still
smiling!

Last edited by Code5chick; 05-28-2004 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-29-2004, 04:53 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
stop complaining Buell, all you ever do is complain. We got three MBs from HOI and we've yet to encounter any problem w/ their service dept. there's next to none complains coming from people i know that go to HOI for services. however i do agree that there are idiot service advisors. WHY would you even go to HOI for service when Fletcher Jones is closer to you from Laguna Niguel?

btw, i would like to hear the story on tom incredible's experience. is there a thread that he made?

Last edited by FrankW; 05-29-2004 at 04:58 AM.
Old 05-29-2004, 06:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BANNED
btw, i would like to hear the story on tom incredible's experience. is there a thread that he made?

I believe his Rant thread is on the mbklasse.com board
The thread is in "The Parking Lot" and is titled : Oh My God

Last edited by tyro; 05-29-2004 at 06:19 AM.
Old 05-29-2004, 10:56 AM
Banned

'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
Originally posted by Buellwinkle
. They make more money in the "finance office" than on the car, don't let them scam you. As for Mark, doesn't sound like a straight up guy if he let you be scammed. Shame on you Mark...

These and other dealer scams are doumented on this site - http://www.carbuyingtips.com/
Buell,

What have I ever do to you????? You don't know me from Adam and you say that I am not a straight up guy? I believe that my track record with members here speaks for itself and I take complete offense to what you have stated!!!! If you want to judge someones character, make sure you know that person first before you open your mouth and let words come out that have no validity!!!
Old 05-29-2004, 11:29 AM

'04 Mars Red C230K 6 sp.
Code5Chick,
What does your username mean?
I'm an EMT/fireman and we drive Code 1, Code 2, or Code 3 - but I've never heard of Code 5.
Old 05-29-2004, 01:45 PM

2013 c300 4matic, 2002 c240
maybe code5 is for the artist code5 and she is a chick that likes that band???..
Old 05-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Almost a Member!

I am in love with those wheels. Very very nice. Congrats!
Old 05-29-2004, 07:58 PM

Congrats code5chick...your new ride looks great!

The facelifted C class really does look great, especially the interior (any more interior pics?)

Enjoy
Old 05-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Almost a Member!

05 C230k
Originally posted by MarcusBenz
Buell,

What have I ever do to you????? You don't know me from Adam and you say that I am not a straight up guy? I believe that my track record with members here speaks for itself and I take complete offense to what you have stated!!!! If you want to judge someones character, make sure you know that person first before you open your mouth and let words come out that have no validity!!!
Don't worry, Mark! I still love ya! Anyone who is swayed by one person's opinion vs. their own experience, isn't worth their weight in chicken feathers anyway!

I challange everyone to THINK FOR THEMSELVES! (You'd be surprised how little that happens nowadays!)
Old 05-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Almost a Member!

05 C230k
Originally posted by RedC230K
Code5Chick,
What does your username mean?
I'm an EMT/fireman and we drive Code 1, Code 2, or Code 3 - but I've never heard of Code 5.
....errr, I drive a black and white for a living....

The "code 5" ("stakeout") came from a bunch of prostitution stings I did.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BANNED
I Hope You Didn't Hurt Your Brain

Originally posted by pookie
maybe code5 is for the artist code5 and she is a chick that likes that band???..
Old 05-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Almost a Member!

05 C230k
The facelifted C class really does look great, especially the interior (any more interior pics?)
Ask and ye shall receive......

Any other specific requests?
Old 05-29-2004, 09:24 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
yes, can you take a picture of the trunk lid when it's open? especially the two impact rubber on the two side of the trunk. I just recently got my trunk replaced due to accident. They said I got a new trunk lid so I just want to see if it's the same. thanks.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:58 PM

C230 coupe 2003, 2014 GLK350, 2020 GLC63
Originally posted by Code5chick
Buell,

I kinda figured that out after we left the dealer....that it was that simple to just *change* the interest rate. I've always been good at negotiating up front, but didn't realize it was possible in Finance as well.

I could be mad and demand my money back, but the $499.00 he gave me for *free* just isn't worth the stress or my time. Plus, I had qualified with 2 other banks prior to walking in there, and those rates were comparable to the one I got. I'll just chalk it up to experience and play harder next time.

In Mark's defense, he wasn't in Finance at any point...besides it's his job to make the best business deal he can for himself and the dealership. If they gave cars away, what would be the point? It doesn't make him a bad person...it makes him a good salesman! It's all in the perspective, people!

It's all a game........some are better at it than others.....I'm still
smiling!
Beauty and intelligence...I deadly combination
How many miles were on the odomoter when you first got the car?
Old 05-29-2004, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
looks awesome!
Old 05-29-2004, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by MarcusBenz
Buell,

It's not your fault you work for a disreputable dealer and I know it's hard taking the customers side when HOI's only goal is to trick customers into spending money on unneeded items. In my past I have had salesmen that were totally honest and warned me about the finance persons tricks. If you are one of those salesmen than I sincerely appologize, if not then what I say stays, keep us posted.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 05 C230k...Thanx Mark!