C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Camber Adjustment???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Mercedes c230k 6 speed
Question Camber Adjustment???

Anyone knows how to get more front camber in the Coupe??
Old 04-16-2002, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Re: Camber Adjustment???

Originally posted by kw230
Why would you want it to be different than factory spec'd? Did you drop yours?
Old 04-16-2002, 10:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Re: Camber Adjustment???

i had to have my cambers adjusted to becuase when i got my H&R springs my cambers were fuc*e* so i had to have them replace the bushing so now its fine.

see thats why i did not get coilovers there cool but everytime u change the height your cambers change to which lead to poor tire life and un even tread wear.
Old 04-17-2002, 12:15 AM

2001 C240 / 6-speed
Camber is achieved only by the installation of "crash bolts" on one of the control arm bushings. These bolts have a stagger in them that effectively offsets the location of the control arm. This is the only camber adjustment available from the factory. Caster can also be adjusted on the caster control arm in the same way.
Old 04-17-2002, 02:10 AM

2001 S430
Re: Re: Camber Adjustment???

I think he wants even more cambers instead of getting it back to the stock spec. More front camber can make the car less understeer. This is a must for track race or autox. And as I know KW230 goes to autoX almost once a week, so even if he has a lot of negative camber, the tires still shouldn't have un even tread wear. Using the coilovers to lower the car can make the car has a lower center of gravity, and has a higher limit. Also they can improve the handling a lot more than what you can get from your H&R springs. If you just drive on the street, I don't know why you get your H&R springs and fuc*ed all your cambers, and need to replace all the bushings to solve that problem. It's just a waste of money, and you should've just kept it in stock, which is more comfortable for you.

Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe

i had to have my cambers adjusted to becuase when i got my H&R springs my cambers were fuc*e* so i had to have them replace the bushing so now its fine.

see thats why i did not get coilovers there cool but everytime u change the height your cambers change to which lead to poor tire life and un even tread wear.

Last edited by golds430; 04-17-2002 at 02:13 AM.
Old 04-17-2002, 02:17 AM

I want to change my camber because I want to have better performance from my new set of slicks tires (for autoX....)
So, I need more negative camber. Now I am running -0.8 front and -2.0 rear camber with my coilover adjusted to appox. 50mm of lowering compare to stock....(I want the front have -2.0 degree of camber too)
Also I will have my car corner weight balanced(this can only be done in a coilover equipped vehicle!!!.....)

I have experience with H&R spring in my last car, Audi A4... The shocks just cannot hold the extra rebound force created by the stiffer spring, the coupe's shocks is softer than my 98 sportpackaged A4(come with a stiffer red shocks), so, just changing the spring will not help the cornering performance of the car......unless you just want the outlook (lower) better...(as those ricey boy)

Most of my friends get their shocks change to Bilstein, Koni, KYB, GAB, Spoon...etc. All of them realize it is not a good idea to use a lower, stiffer spring with a stock shocks...

For those guy who said "I never get coilover in my car"....I think you should get a good new set and try it...(or do more reseach about suspension) The coilover for our Mercedes, like H&R and KW...it gives a very smooth ride, not like those japanese coilover, which make you died in the car...I ran with my KW coilover for already 3 months, I never have any problem, I am pleased with its performance and quality even they worth $1500, it is far more better than JUST A SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!

I will use my New coupe to complete AutoX this year...I am running DSP class....so, I dont mine any uneven tire wear at this time... :p
Old 04-17-2002, 02:26 AM

2001 S430
This is right. Your H&R springs is too stiff for you stock shocks, so they are not only fuc*ed your cambers, but also fuc*ed your shocks. You should use some shocks which match your H&R's spring rates. I would NEVER change my springs without changing my shocks!! It is a Mercedes-Benz, not a Civic.

I have experience with H&R spring in my last car, Audi A4... The shocks just cannot hold the extra rebound force created by the stiffer spring, the coupe's shocks is softer than my 98 sportpackaged A4(come with a stiffer red shocks), so, just changing the spring will not help the cornering performance of the car......unless you just want the outlook (lower) better...(as those ricey boy)

Most of my friends get their shocks change to Bilstein, Koni, KYB, GAB, Spoon...etc. All of them realize it is not a good idea to use a lower, stiffer spring with a stock shocks...

For those guy who said "I never get coilover in my car"....I think you should get a good new set and try it...(or do more reseach about suspension) The coilover for our Mercedes, like H&R and KW...it gives a very smooth ride, not like those japanese coilover, which make you died in the car...I ran with my KW coilover for already 3 months, I never have any problem, I am pleased with its performance and quality even they worth $1500, it is far more better than JUST A SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by golds430; 04-17-2002 at 02:31 AM.
Old 04-17-2002, 07:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
????

I think before golds430 and kw230 start talkin sh*t u should maybe ask me what i have first i have H&R springs and i just got Shocks from renntech a week ago. so before u start saying its a mercedes benz not a civic u should know one that that any car i would ever get is not going to be compared to a civic the 3 cars i own are not even close to that level of cars so before u start thinking i am a 15 year old rice boy u better think again. and why did u say i should have left my car stock or something like that i cant understand what u said golds430? and why are coil overs better for the street? it kinda of sounds like u are saying that i know alot about coil overs and i would never get them especually for the street. Oh and the thing with my cambers i only had the bushing replaced once when i had it alligned and i said there **** but god damm they were not as much as u think only a little bit. so please next time u both start talkin why dont u first say well Blackc230coupe do u have new shocks? before u start talking.
Old 04-17-2002, 10:01 PM

C230 kompressor C2 C7
WHAT?????
Old 04-17-2002, 10:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally posted by sdcaclint
WHAT?????
?????????what dont u get?? if its something with what i wrote it was not to u so dont worry about it.
Old 04-17-2002, 10:18 PM

2001 S430
Re: ????

Yeah, that's good. So you've been there, done that. It's good for you to found out changing the springs alone is bad by yourself. I shouldn't have wasted my time to explain those sh*t to you. But there are still a lot more for u to learn, just keep it up. Coilovers are height adjustable, so you can set it as height as you want to avoid fu*king up all you cambers. Your shocks/springs can't do that. Coilovers are good for autoX, also for track race, but don't make you feel uncomfortable driving on street. I just want to know why you change your shocks/springs? Not for lower the car, not for race neihter, then what the hell are you changing them for? If u just drive the car on street, stock is good enough for you, that's why I told u to keep it stock, and stop complaining about too low and fu*k up cambers as just you don't like that personally.

I think before golds430 and kw230 start talkin sh*t u should maybe ask me what i have first i have H&R springs and i just got Shocks from renntech a week ago. so before u start saying its a mercedes benz not a civic u should know one that that any car i would ever get is not going to be compared to a civic the 3 cars i own are not even close to that level of cars so before u start thinking i am a 15 year old rice boy u better think again. and why did u say i should have left my car stock or something like that i cant understand what u said golds430? and why are coil overs better for the street? it kinda of sounds like u are saying that i know alot about coil overs and i would never get them especually for the street. Oh and the thing with my cambers i only had the bushing replaced once when i had it alligned and i said there **** but god damm they were not as much as u think only a little bit. so please next time u both start talkin why dont u first say well Blackc230coupe do u have new shocks? before u start talking.
Old 04-17-2002, 10:28 PM

I think your renntech shocks and h&r spring cost more than my coilovers......
Good for you man.... Congraduation, Black230coupe, you finally realize you need a good set of shocks.....Renntech shocks....not bad........may be Kleemann shocks too!!
Old 04-17-2002, 10:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Re: Re: ????

Originally posted by golds430
Yeah, that's good. So you've been there, done that. It's good for you to found out changing the springs alone is bad by yourself. I shouldn't have wasted my time to explain those sh*t to you. But there are still a lot more for u to learn, just keep it up. Coilovers are height adjustable, so you can set it as height as you want to avoid fu*king up all you cambers. Your shocks/springs can't do that. Coilovers are good for autoX, also for track race, but don't make you feel uncomfortable driving on street. I just want to know why you change your shocks/springs? Not for lower the car, not for race neihter, then what the hell are you changing them for? If u just drive the car on street, stock is good enough for you, that's why I told u to keep it stock, and stop complaining about too low and fu*k up cambers as just you don't like that personally.

thanks for that lesson on coil overs i really never knew what they are ???
and your cambers still can be messed up especually if u adjust them your self. and how is my car to low????? it is not as low as that car with coil overs. and also the reason i got the springs/shocks is because i do race and i go to the track sometimes but most my racing is on the street. so this is much better that coil overs for me and if u dont agree i dont really fuc*en care u dont need to tell me cause i dont give a sh*t what u think. this is a better set up for me and thats why i like it for this car.
Old 04-17-2002, 10:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
I think your renntech shocks and h&r spring cost more than my coilovers......
Good for you man.... Congraduation, Black230coupe, you finally realize you need a good set of shocks.....Renntech shocks....not bad........may be Kleemann shocks too!!
actually i always realized i needed better shocks even though it did happen to drive very good with just the springs but i was glad i got to feel the difference. and yes they were a little more than your coil overs.
Old 04-17-2002, 11:32 PM

2001 S430
Re: Re: Re: ????

Most of your racing is on street?! What the fu*k? Do you know what you are doing? You got to grow up man, there are many other cars and people on the street, it's not for you, you don't do this fu*king sh*t there. And I told you many times, coilovers are adjustable, so you can set them back to the stock height without fuc*king up your cambers. With your shocks, you don't have this option, and you got to fuc*k up your cambers. Also, those KW coilovers are very comfortable to drive on the street as well.

thanks for that lesson on coil overs i really never knew what they are ???
and your cambers still can be messed up especually if u adjust them your self. and how is my car to low????? it is not as low as that car with coil overs. and also the reason i got the springs/shocks is because i do race and i go to the track sometimes but most my racing is on the street. so this is much better that coil overs for me and if u dont agree i dont really fuc*en care u dont need to tell me cause i dont give a sh*t what u think. this is a better set up for me and thats why i like it for this car.
Old 04-18-2002, 01:37 AM

oh my god!!!!
you are still a street racer??
me, no more, I would perfer to race legal, to be a real car racer.....
MAKE SURE YOU DONT KILL SOME PEOPLE ON THE STREET
AND TAKE CARE YOURSELF TOO......

(you are driving a MERCEDES, not CIVIC)
Old 04-18-2002, 10:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Re: Re: Re: Re: ????

And I told you many times, coilovers are adjustable, so you can set them back to the stock height without fuc*king up your cambers. With your shocks, you don't have this option, and you got to fuc*k up your cambers. Also, those KW coilovers are very comfortable to drive on the street as well.

well thats another reason i got springs i dont want it back to the stock height. And my springs are also very comfortable i can bairly tell the difference from stock. And KW230 what do u mean still a street racer i never used to be and another thing i dont think i need to be reminded that its a mercedes not a civic i dont even think a civic can look like its goin fast on the street even if hes racing. And i dont just do this with my benz i do it with my jaguar XK8 to. but i dont race to often on the street just when i come accross a good car to challenge.
Old 04-19-2002, 05:56 AM

2001 S430
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ????

Coilovers are adjustable, so you can set to the height you like the best. And you can change it anytime you want. With you shocks/springs, u got to use the same height for ever. If you don't want to use your stock height, your cambers would fu*ked up, I thought that's what you hate about coilovers before, and now you are saying you like it. And i would never race my S430 on the street, because it's a Benz, not a Civic, and I don't want to drive it like a civic either.

well thats another reason i got springs i dont want it back to the stock height. And my springs are also very comfortable i can bairly tell the difference from stock. And KW230 what do u mean still a street racer i never used to be and another thing i dont think i need to be reminded that its a mercedes not a civic i dont even think a civic can look like its goin fast on the street even if hes racing. And i dont just do this with my benz i do it with my jaguar XK8 to. but i dont race to often on the street just when i come accross a good car to challenge.
Old 04-19-2002, 03:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ????

Coilovers are adjustable, so you can set to the height you like the best. And you can change it anytime you want. With you shocks/springs, u got to use the same height for ever. If you don't want to use your stock height, your cambers would fu*ked up, I thought that's what you hate about coilovers before, and now you are saying you like it. And i would never race my S430 on the street, because it's a Benz, not a Civic, and I don't want to drive it like a civic either.

where the hell did i say i like coil overs. and the reason u dont race your s430 on the street is because thats strictly a luxury car and is not really ment for racing at all and i bet if u did try to race it it would suck. and i think its pretty stuipid that if u have a benz u cant race it does not matter what u have its what u want to do. and stop talkin about civics it sounds like your obsessed with them. maybe u should get 1. and another thing how about we end this very stuipid conversation because i am gettin really board of it.
Old 04-19-2002, 04:39 PM

yes, Black230coupe is true.....
Gold430, we should stop this conversation.....I think you and me dont want to waste anymore time to explain what is coilover to Black230coupe...I think he will know later when he got one....
He is now happy with his renntech shock, h&r spring setup, and he said it has the same ride quality with the stock setup, and it may cost more than the coilover....
I am start to think is that renntech made a regular shocks and h&r made a spring with shorter height than the stock spring....no spring rate is added and maintain the stock comfort????
That is hard to believe
My coilover is much stiffer than stock, but it is good to prevent body roll in hard cornering...the ride quality is still not bad...but i cant say it can compare to stock...I like stiff suspension better because I like to autoX...
Hey Gold430, get prepared in this weekend, we go challenge the bimmer