C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

New pads/rotors soon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 12:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 C230
New pads/rotors soon

Hey fellas. Planning on replacing my pads and rotors in the near future so started searching the forum for good brands. I have the sport package so drilled rotors. All the threads I saw were years old I was wondering now a days. What are the better replacements opposed to the oem pads and rotors. I’ve seen some Bosch, ATE and Powerstop as well as “genuine Mercedes” on AutohausAZ. Is that the actual MB rotor? I’ve used Bosch/Duralast gold before with good results. I also saw on the autozone website they have Brembo’s for $115 for fronts which is good since I gets military discount and wouldn’t have to pay shipping (I’m in Hawaii so I was quoted $116 from AutohausAZ) just want to make sure I don’t get garbage and good ones the first time. But if I can get some locally and not have to have hem shipped. It would save me around $100 just in shipping

Last edited by GraniteC23; 07-08-2018 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
'16 E350, gone: '03 c230k
The first time I did this was because I put the upgraded 4 piston front and 2 piston rear calipers on and got OE, not OEM. The difference was the hub part of the rotor wasn't coated. Which means the hub rusted. When I replaced my front pads a few years later I also got new rotors after reading a lot of posts on this forum about needing to do so with new pads. This is what the dealer does. This is an easy way for the dealer to make easy $$ and isn't really necessary. But I got the new rotors with the coated hubs (OEM from Autohaus). They are still beautiful. Especially compared to the rear rotors which have the rusted hubs. If it wasn't for the coated hubs I'd feel completely foolish for buying new rotors. I took the old ones down to the local NAPA and they turned the rotors in less than an hour for a grand total of $20(!). Rotor thickness was still well within spec - plenty of life left. So I have an extra set of ready to go front rotors sitting in my shed... I like Autohaus and have used them many, many times for many different vehicles. I also like FCP Euro. I just learned that FCP will replace any part they sell for as long as you own the car, including wear items like brakes/rotors.

Last edited by mtnman82; 07-09-2018 at 10:22 PM.