C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Auto Leveling ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
Auto Leveling ???

I got my car back from the bodyshop and they installed a new bi-xenon headlight. I started my car this evening and the lights both dipped to the ground as normal and then went to level. The passenger side one (which wasn't hit) works normally. The driver side one (which was replaced) doesnt level all the way. It is way low and pointed at the ground. I turned off the car reset the lights and the same thing. Should I take it to the dealer to have it checked out. The body shop that did the work on my car isn't very experienced with BIX.
i took to my car to this particular body shop for the quality of work they do and in painting cars. My dad took his restoration cars there and I had work done when my car was backed into. My brother took his GTI there and they do really good work. Plus they bought the wipers and put them on for just $150 out of my pocket. The BIX auto leveling just isnt working right. Would that be a Mercedes issue. The body shop looked at the light. They are all new MB parts which were put on my car.

Last edited by CitronC230K_03; 06-05-2004 at 02:01 AM.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C320
Re: Auto Leveling ???

Originally posted by CitronC230K_03
I got my car back from the bodyshop and they installed a new bi-xenon headlight. I started my car this evening and the lights both dipped to the ground as normal and then went to level. The passenger side one (which wasn't hit) works normally. The driver side one (which was replaced) doesnt level all the way. It is way low and pointed at the ground. I turned off the car reset the lights and the same thing. Should I take it to the dealer to have it checked out. The body shop that did the work on my car isn't very experienced with BIX.
i took to my car to this particular body shop for the quality of work they do and in painting cars. My dad took his restoration cars there and I had work done when my car was backed into. My brother took his GTI there and they do really good work. Plus they bought the wipers and put them on for just $150 out of my pocket. The BIX auto leveling just isnt working right. Would that be a Mercedes issue. The body shop looked at the light. They are all new MB parts which were put on my car.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't BIX need to be "centered" so they know where the sensors are moving from?

I think they have an adjustment bolt that you have to turn. Put the car on level ground and center it.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have no idea. The auto leveling mechanism inside of the unit works, it just doesnt go up all the way. How do you know then the light is centered?
Old 06-05-2004, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C320
Originally posted by CitronC230K_03
I have no idea. The auto leveling mechanism inside of the unit works, it just doesnt go up all the way. How do you know then the light is centered?
Park on a flat surface and follow the instructions for the BIX from Steve. That will "center" the lights and then it will autolevel from there. That's my theroy at least, don't have Xenon so I don't know (I just remember from the G35 forums because they come pointed high from factory).
Old 06-05-2004, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ill give it a try! thanks.