C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C230K - A Car For All Moods?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2002, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 MB C230K
C230K - A Car For All Moods?

I have had my C230K for a couple of months and I have to say that I have never in many years of driving (and many different cars) had a car which is so enjoyable to drive no matter what kind of mood I am in.

Whether I want a relaxed casual drive, or if I have the desire to push the tach to the red line through the gears, it seems to respond in a civalized manner. Interstate or winding side road it responds to my driving mood.

I know there are faster, better handling, more luxurious, higher tech cars out there, but at the price of the C230K I don't think there is a car out there (in the US) that can compare and satisfy my varied moods when driving.

It even has the ability to transform moods. Sometimes after a frustrating day at work, when I leave and see my car I already feel better and by the time I get home I am usually in a good mood.

I would say that the only down side of owning a C230K is that every Honda Civic, Acura Integra or other small car owner with a blown out exhaust and airplane wing (which is usually larger than the car) on the back seems to want to race you at traffic lights. Most times I let them satisfy their own fantasies, but very occasionally, when the MOOD takes me I drop the clutch and have the satisfacton of knowing my C230K is NOT just another car.

I would be interested in hearing other peoples views.

:p
Old 04-21-2002, 02:45 PM
Deb

2002 C230K Sport Coupe
Moody Orion blues

Mike,
I absolutely agree. And the blues in the subject line is in no way a downer, just a continuation of the friendly OB rivalry. :p

Driving the c230k is just a pleasure. The car is so responsive in so many subtle ways. After being stuck for miles behind a slow driver, I finally got a chance to safely pass and I was amazed at how the car responded. And I don't mean that I floored it. Wasn't necessary. Just downshifted, let it go and said, "Wow!" Big grin! Analagous to riding a spirited, well trained horse. Springs into action with no fuss and little urging.

I've had my car since mid-January and don't drive it nearly as much as I would like. So I am still learning about it. Anytime I go out with friends I insist on driving just to get more time with the car. Tried out the cruise control for the first time yesterday. Works great and a simple set up.

Your mood line at the bottom of your post is right on. Except no frowns for me. The car is indeed good therapy.
Deb
Old 04-21-2002, 03:00 PM

2006 MB C230 SS 6spd, Navi
Today at the <B><I>50th Annual Symposium on Depression and Anxiety Disorders</I></B> doctors have announced a new discovery. It seems there is a new cure amazingly agreed to by all participants. Apparently driving is the cure but not any old car will do. Scientists agree that the best car for varied stress levels, varied personality profiles and psychological disposition is a Mercedes Benz C230K.

Psychiatrists are hailing it's healing powers. They say Zoloft, Prozac and any other serotonin inhibitors tested are unble to improve on the ability of the C-Coupe to bring a smile to a depressed man or cure the anxiety of your average worry-wart. More lab tests are being conducted before the FDA releases the car to the public.
Old 04-21-2002, 05:30 PM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200 Kompressor
LOL@WyattEarp!!! Well, I don't own a C230K, but a C200K (sedan) and must say it has similar effects on my mood!
Old 04-21-2002, 05:36 PM
Deb

2002 C230K Sport Coupe
Medical deduction?

Dang, Wyatt, I already did my taxes. Maybe I could have deducted all my driving time and car payments???

Deb (recently medicated by a short drive)
Old 04-21-2002, 07:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
I'd agree with most of what was said. Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend taking on modded Civics or Integras. That would be a mood-killer.

It's good to see that Deb is finally seeking help for her problem, if only in the form of driving. Remember to not mix booze in with your meds!
Old 04-21-2002, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
this is the 1st car where i actually visit a forum discussing things (some stupid but all interesting).

and (perhaps sadly) this car is the most powerful car i've ever driven daily. so i have to remind myself that i should take it easy. but i still take the long/winding road home instead of the freeway, just to take some awesome turns.

what i don't like about it is the attitude that some people have about owning a mercedes - usually by non-mercedes owners. it's just a $25k car. and if i lived in calif, the attitude would probably be different b/c it is so common. but, i am certainly not rich nor a snob (well, in most things )

i also don't like how lazy this car has made me. if i have to turn on the headlights... omg! change the wiper settings? crank the engine (for auto owners)? holding the close moonroof button makes me mad taking my hands off the wheel to change cd tracks or volume seem inconceivable (and i do know the meaning of that word... heheh). not inserting the key to open the windows/moonroof has made me use the feature (before, since i had to put the key in and hold it, i never did it).

-

also, i've never done anything to any of my cars before. adding aftermarket hids would have never entered my mind... probably due to the internet

Last edited by young; 04-21-2002 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-21-2002, 10:25 PM

I agree. For me, the car is a perfect blend of sportiness and luxury, at a great pricepoint. Sometimes it seems like all you have to do to turn on "sportcar mode" is open the panorama roof.
Old 04-21-2002, 10:36 PM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
i love it everyday.... it makes going to and from work ALMOST enjoyable.

It has an almost perfect mix of luxury (i want all the gadgetry of the CL), performance (could use more) and space (just perfect)
Old 04-21-2002, 11:56 PM

Another voice to the chorus of very pleased drivers. It is a delightful car to drive, and in this area, I get to enjoy it's many capabilities. The 2 lane rural highways, interstate, and occasional trip into New York are all made oh so much more pleasant.

Last week was spent in the minivan doing college tours in NY & PA. I felt put out having to reach over to adjust the radio, to say nothing of managing the lumbering bulk around.

One problem is the domestic stres induced byt the 230--every time I pry it away from wife for an out of town trip.

For all you who find driving it to be wonderful therapy, thats great. However, at least one owner paid for his 230 by providing the old fashioned kind of therapy....
Old 04-22-2002, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c230k, black, auto, c2 (let the sunshine in), Bose, leather, and CD
Originally posted by tommy

It's good to see that Deb is finally seeking help for her problem, if only in the form of driving. Remember to not mix booze in with your meds!
Deb, ignore Tommy, he is the one that needs meds.:p
Old 04-22-2002, 06:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Looking at the coupe sitting in my driveway is therapeutic enough...but driving it puts that smile on my face that just doesn't go away. Yesterday, with my kayak strapped to my roof, I drove up north to a lake. I had so much fun on the twisty back roads, I almost forgot about why I went. Once there, I couldn't wait to get back in the car for the drive home...

I don't need any little blue pills of any kind...just fill my tank with high test and point me to another twisty road!
Old 04-22-2002, 07:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
I'm on the same page as Young.

It kills me to have to turn the volume knob or hold the window-down button on my wife's car.

I haven't touched the headlight knob in the MB in 3 months.
Old 04-22-2002, 11:33 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
When changing lanes in my wife's car, I have to remember to hold the turn signal lever at the detent, otherwise it only flashes once... yes, I'm spoiled, too.

As far as moods go, I find the drive to and from work the ONLY enjoyable parts of my work week. I wish I could get paid decent money working at an observatory scanning the skies for Near Earth Asteroids, instead...
Old 04-22-2002, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
oh, jeez, i forgot about the lane change signals... you mean i have to hold it down for a few seconds on my other car??? :p
Old 04-22-2002, 12:08 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally posted by young
oh, jeez, i forgot about the lane change signals... you mean i have to hold it down for a few seconds on my other car??? :p
Yep, LOL, that's the deal. The only solution I can figure is to buy the wife a Benz, too. But, she's not a car nut like me (Thank the good Lord).
Old 04-22-2002, 12:52 PM

C230 AMG Sports coupe
Feel good factor

I think the feel good factor that people derive from thier cars is mainly due to pride of ownership......irrespective of make or model.....the sad fact is that I will have to wait until the end of June before I truely know
Old 04-22-2002, 03:59 PM
Deb

2002 C230K Sport Coupe
Originally posted by galaxygrrl

Deb, ignore Tommy, he is the one that needs meds.:p
No worries, GG, I know Tommy is just teasing. Actually, I was ignoring him, but only because I couldn't think of a snappy retort. Still too mellow from my last dose of vitamin c coupe. But now I am wondering what my problem is...didn't know I had one. Hmmm.

DrMike, I think your livelihood is secure. There are too few c coupes out there to reduce your potential patient pool significantly. And those of us who have discovered the elixir will keep it mum lest some desperate soul steal our stash. (Mum, that is, except for posting it here for all the world to see.) :p
Enough foolishness, gotta go.
Deb

Last edited by Deb; 04-22-2002 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-22-2002, 04:14 PM

2008 C300 Sport
With all these "good vibes" floating about, it makes me even more depressed that my cure doesn't arrive till late Spring or early Summer.