C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

At what RPM does the kompressor engage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 kompressor C2 C7
no2 = 1part nitrogen, and 2 parts oxygen.

turbos are more efficient than blowers.

crypto, i wasn't trying to be rude, i really wasn't, i just get a little frustrated when people try to explain things that they themselves don't understand. spyke isn't one of those people. he understands engines, as do i, but he has the patience and ability to explain this to others. this forum has a wealth of smart people that when asked are very willing to share their experience. if you don't know how something works, just ask, and more often than not someone will explain it. the problem arises when uninformed people attempt to explaine something and just add to the confusion of the confused. just my two cents worth.
Old 04-24-2002, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by KJ-TypeR
As most of you know, pure oxygen ignites easily and can explode if heated enough.
Pure oxygen does NOT ignite, nor does it explode by itself - it's the oxygen that makes other substances "burn" by oxidizing them (e.g. when you burn wood, carbon combines with oxygen producing CO2 and CO).
It can be dangerous in the presence of combustible substances, such as hydrogen, gasoline vapors, and even tree pollen or fine metal chips, resulting in rapid oxidation (combustion), sometimes of explosive nature (the higer the temperature, the quicker the reaction)

Last edited by vadim; 04-24-2002 at 02:40 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 200 Kompressor
No one says in this threat at wich rpm a kompressor charger engage...I modifyed mine, and if someone can help me to set at the right rpm, for those who don't know...is some twick beneath, and you can modify from there to enagage the kompressor early, but will be more air in air/fuel mixture in the burn chamber...the result is loose power and backfire, not more power in less time like I thought so.