C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

What do you gus think of AutoDynamic.com?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What do you gus think of AutoDynamic.com?

I don't have a lot of experience dealing with aftermarket autoparts people (some with motorcycles, though). But I was really disappointed with the way these folks treated me. I am still waiting on the clear bumper lenses I ordered 2 weeks ago-- just shipped. They did not respond to my multiple inquiries via e-mail. I had to call them to find out what was going on-- after waiting on hold for 15 minutes.

I hope my experience is isolated. This is less of a complaint and more of an earnest question about the level of service I should expect. I generally try to buy small things from a vendor to see how I am treated before spending more. If I had spent a real amount of money, I would have been pissed.
Old 04-23-2002, 09:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Re: What do you gus think of AutoDynamic.com?

Originally posted by kompress
I don't have a lot of experience dealing with aftermarket autoparts people (some with motorcycles, though). But I was really disappointed with the way these folks treated me. I am still waiting on the clear bumper lenses I ordered 2 weeks ago-- just shipped. They did not respond to my multiple inquiries via e-mail. I had to call them to find out what was going on-- after waiting on hold for 15 minutes.

I hope my experience is isolated. This is less of a complaint and more of an earnest question about the level of service I should expect. I generally try to buy small things from a vendor to see how I am treated before spending more. If I had spent a real amount of money, I would have been pissed.
i also had to wait a while for my clear bumper lenses but they were shipped yesturday. but when i called to see the status of the order they had an attitude on the phone.
Old 04-23-2002, 09:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Kompressor (02 Copupe)
evosport isnt any better...

waited about a month for my pre painted side lenses, but I really really like them.. thanks evosport.. lol.. Ill post about them later when I have time.
Old 04-23-2002, 11:35 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
At least they give you space on your order to post additional instructions. Here is what I wrote:

1) Do not charge my card until the lenses are in stock and ready to ship.
2) If not shipped within 30 days of my order date, cancel the order.

If you guys are both saying they were shipped yesterday, I guess this means stock is back in and we each will be getting our lenses soon enough.

That's fine with me.
Old 04-23-2002, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I would overlook the service and the attitide you may have received when you inquired about your orders. the reason they never replied or what not is because they didn't have it in stock..bad customer service yes... but at the same time, the customer is getting a phat deal on the lenses (compared to other places)

how many of us probably would have gotten attitude from MB salespeople and reps...god knows I have..and hell i didn't even get a deal

For the price they are quoting for the lenses, i'll take some flack from the bad customer reps
Old 04-23-2002, 11:48 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
I agree, Fuzzo. As long as I get the lenses in a reasonable timeframe and they don't fall apart, I don't care about their attitude.

Unless I buy a hop-up Honda and need some Altezza taillamps I doubt I'll ever need to deal with them again.
Old 04-24-2002, 12:33 AM

C230 kompressor C2 C7
post some pics of the bumper lenses please. i would like to see both the clear and the painted. also which bulbs are you going to use? the ones from autowerks look cool in the ad. blue when off,and amber when lit. i would also like to see what the painted lenses look like at night when lit up.thanks
Old 04-24-2002, 01:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: evosport isnt any better...

Originally posted by Scylas
waited about a month for my pre painted side lenses, but I really really like them.. thanks evosport.. lol.. Ill post about them later when I have time.
I apologize for the delay in shipping everyone's pre-painted lenses. As Syclas posted, many have come in, and are beginning to ship. If you have not yet received yours, rest assured that they will be shipped as soon as they arrive. Syclas, I'm glad you like your lenses! It's nice that a low-cost upgrade such as this can give the car a much sportier look. Post pics!

Bulbs:
We have recently imported Silvervision bulbs. These bulbs look clear, but illuminate amber.
Old 04-24-2002, 01:42 AM

2002 C230k
i used their "order status" link on the site. it told me that it was backordered almost two weeks ago. Now it says they processed the order.

they ship quick, but i just wish they e-mailed to tell you the product came in.
Old 04-24-2002, 03:08 PM

2007 BMW 328xi sedan
Smile My lenses came in today

I ordered on April 12th, a few days later I noticed that they were backordered (from the sites order status), then on Monday this week(22nd), the site showed that they were shipped and the tracking number appeared in the status. One click on the tracking number brought me into the USPS site with a status that said "the shipment was picked up for delivery". Today I checked the USPS site and found that the order has arrived at my house at 12noon. I ordered online and never had to speak to anyone at this company and got my order (with meaningful status updates along the way) in just 12 days total!. They also said in the status that backordered items would be delayed 7 days, which I think is fair.

Assuming they have something I want, I would order from them again without hesitation.

I am just happy I got them in what I consider a reasonble timeframe and at a price of only $42 including shipping, since I was ready to shell out $120 or more for them. They probably got flooded with orders from people on this board and did not expect the high number of orders.
Old 04-24-2002, 08:45 PM

Awaiting a new arrival...
Mine arrived today, as well. I didn't bother to follow the order process after I initially submitted it, but my credit card receipt did not show it was charged until 4/22 and I did not ask for it to be delayed.

Overall, they look a LOT better than a lot of other clear lenses I have seen. Will attempt to fit later in the week. Enjoy to those that have also received.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
i am not to happy

i posted this already in the fourm but here.

after waithing a while for my clear lenses from autodynamics.com i finally got them today and i put them on they they bairly fit
i mean they go on but not tight and they are basicly not flush against the the car i could stick my finger in the space thats how much it was hanging off the car. if u tap it it went up and down like it was about to fall off and they were installed right. so right now i put the amber lenses back on and i called autodynamics and told them whats wrong and they told me to mail them back to them and once they get mine they will replace it. i will give it one more try i hope mine were just defects. but i was very unhappy i was really looking forward to having them on my car.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:44 PM

Awaiting a new arrival...
I just tried to install mine, key word tried...

My passenger one fits much more snugly than the driver side, barely any gap and held in pretty tight. However, the driver one is very loose and does not sig snug. I put the stockers back on.

If you look closely, you'll see the front U shaped molded portion is too short to hold the front of the lense housing tight in the bumper. With some creative cutting of the stock lense and the new lense, you could mount the new lense on the oem housing and be in business. The lense quality is excellent, the housing shape is excellent, but the clip or latch portion is just a touch off, maybe indicative of what the sedan uses.
Old 04-25-2002, 10:38 AM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Similar problems with my sedan, so I don't think it's a sedan/coupe difference.

The AutoDynamic part appears to be a one-off casting from the OEM part. It's been my experience in casting plastic duplicates from an original part that there is always a nominal amount of shrinkage in the duplicate, creating the play everyone is experiencing.

I haven't taken a pair of calipers to the parts to measure the difference, but I'm guessing there's about .030" shrinkage over the 4" span between the clips on the duplicate. I'll try to measure tonight.
Old 04-25-2002, 03:41 PM

2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed
When I first visit the web site, one thing that makes me nervous is that the link was redirected to an ip address. I still placed my order since there is protection with credit card. However I did look up the ip address entry and the domain name registry.

Mine arrived two days ago, since I don't have my car (since March 11th) I cannot tell the fit and finish.