C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Hizpo Android Head Unit No Power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 W203 Kompressor
Hizpo Android Head Unit No Power

Purchased a Hizpo head unit for my w203 Kompressor. Pulled everything out and plugged everything in as it came with plug and play hardness but it won't turn on at all. I reconnected the power to my OEM head unit and it powers up fine. I pulled the pins from the harness and directly plug into the connector and still no luck. I don't have a volt meter so I can't test the wiring harness either.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is or come across this before?
Old 02-17-2019, 11:30 AM

Received 128 Likes on 119 Posts
2005 C230 Sport Sedan-6 Speed Manual
Search for reviews on the Hizpo unit and see if any of them indicate a problem with the wiring harness color codes.

If you have already verified the color coding and you are sure you hooked up the unit directly to a power and ground, it is possible that the headunit is defective.

Last edited by KevinH2000; 02-17-2019 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:43 PM

2004 W203 Kompressor
Originally Posted by KevinH2000
Search for reviews on the Hizpo unit and see if any of them indicate a problem with the wiring harness color codes.

If you have already verified the color coding and you are sure you hooked up the unit directly to a power and ground, it is possible that the headunit is defective.
Gotcha, hopefully that's the the only problem. There's some little information about these things it's all guess work. I verified the wiring color codes off the unit wiring diagram on the unit itself as well as the one wirings.

I have a replacement unit coming in tomorrow so hopefully that's the case. Wouldn't expect a unit to be that defective on my first go.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 Bluetec
Make sure you have the canbus wires (green wires?) connected to the right spot. On mine there were two places the two pin connector could have connected to any only one of those positions had wires connected from the factory harness.
Old 03-08-2020, 05:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
G400CDI
Originally Posted by Moronic1
Purchased a Hizpo head unit for my w203 Kompressor. Pulled everything out and plugged everything in as it came with plug and play hardness but it won't turn on at all. I reconnected the power to my OEM head unit and it powers up fine. I pulled the pins from the harness and directly plug into the connector and still no luck. I don't have a volt meter so I can't test the wiring harness either.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is or come across this before?

HI,
Have you solved this problem?
I've purchased Hizpo head unit for my W463, I connect everything available, and there's no sign of life at the radio.
THanks
Old 08-12-2020, 06:00 AM

2001 C180 Classic W203 Chassis Sedan
Make sure you have an auxiliary power connected as well. I tapped into the cigarette lighter for mine. Also, the antennae lead on the car should have a wire with it, this is the amplifier wire and needs to attach to the head unit to give you good signal strength. It took me almost a year to wire it in with reversing camera as well and I still have no remote control function at the steering wheel.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:08 PM

2001 C180 Classic W203 Chassis Sedan
I don't expect that there will be many electronic engineers here to be able to answer this one, but you never know. The navigation system in these Hizpo units is WinCE based...I start ours up and it runs and operates fantastic but for how long is anybody's guess. It will suddenly emit a high pitched squeal and the screen will go green. At this point, you have to hold the power button in until it shuts down completely. Sometimes you can restart the Nav if you are actually using it to find a destination and it will remember all the input and other times it fails to remember. Still no joy with the steering controls and now I cannot remember if it came with a remote control or not. Does anyone know?