C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Issues with left side of the steering wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2019 | 02:08 PM

w203 C180
Issues with left side of the steering wheel

Hi All,

I have an w203 C 180 (2 liters without kompressor) for about 2 months now, and since I bought it the left side of the steering wheel wasn't working, but didn't mind it too much, as the car was in excellent condition. But now this is starting to bug me, as I've went to a good electrician and we've changed (took from a car that had everything working from the steering wheel) everything, buttons, wheel sprind, even the dashboard. Tried changing the ignition computer, as star diagnosis provided that as the second possible issue, after the buttons itself...

So now I have no idea why they aren't working, my electrician said that it might be somehow from the front SAM, and he'll call me when he gets one to make a replacement on another car, but really want to get to the bottom of this. Read something regarding AC producing similar issues and I know that the AC kompressor was replaced about a year ago...

Can someone provide some ideas for this ? thank you.