C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Relay R wiring?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
220cdi w203 estate 2004
Relay R wiring?

After a traumatic eighteen months with a new VW, I needed to buy another old Mercedes-Benz to restore my sanity. My new 220CDI wagon, 2004 facelift model has an intermittent starting problem that can be beaten by shorting the contacts of relay R, the engine feed relay. As there seems to be no security issue, because it can always be started, It appears that there is a miscommunication between the EIS and whatever it is that controls the relay. I could put in a push button of course but I would like to try and find the right answer. Has anybody here a fragment of the wiring diagram that shows where the coil of the little brute is connected, and if so, would they be kind enough to post it up here, please? I find that it is almost impossible to find MB wiring data. Is there a disc that can be bought that covers my S203 or are we all in the same boat?
Old 05-17-2024, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C-class W203
I have exactly the same problem, did you solve it in the end?

Originally Posted by tomshep
After a traumatic eighteen months with a new VW, I needed to buy another old Mercedes-Benz to restore my sanity. My new 220CDI wagon, 2004 facelift model has an intermittent starting problem that can be beaten by shorting the contacts of relay R, the engine feed relay. As there seems to be no security issue, because it can always be started, It appears that there is a miscommunication between the EIS and whatever it is that controls the relay. I could put in a push button of course but I would like to try and find the right answer. Has anybody here a fragment of the wiring diagram that shows where the coil of the little brute is connected, and if so, would they be kind enough to post it up here, please? I find that it is almost impossible to find MB wiring data. Is there a disc that can be bought that covers my S203 or are we all in the same boat?

I have exactly the same problem, did you solve it in the end?