C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C200 W203 M271 Stall at start issue

Old 07-13-2019, 03:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c200
C200 W203 M271 Stall at start issue

Hi Guys just joined as Ive bought a C200 2005 Coupe. It had been sitting under a Tarpaulin for 3 years with a skipped timing chain. When I pulled it apart it had worn down 4 teeth on the inlet sprocket which is now all been fixed. I renewed both the chain guides, chain and sprockets all at the same time. Did a leak down with the valves all in the shut position with the cams removed and the cylinders were all well sealed so no bent valves fortunately. Anyway everything is running well. Have no DTC issues on scan and the car runs extremely well. But I have an annoying issue whereby when the car is starting it will either run really poor for a couple of seconds or will stall altogether. It will restart straight away but will have the same issue. Will run really lumpy/poor for a few seconds then even out and run totally ok. Very odd that it is not throwing any codes. So Ive been looking for a vacuum leak but everything seems fine with no split or damaged hoses. I have cleaned the throttle body and the MAF and it is still doing the same thing. Ive checked the fuel pressure and its running about 56 psi and there is no leak down in the rail overnight. Also when driving it can have a very small hiccup here and there. Not regular and not often but it is there occasionally. The injectors are showing OK on the scan tool and as I say no faults coming up at all. BTW it has fresh fuel. All suggestions gratefully taken on board. Cheers Guys