C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Brake pedal noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2002, 09:45 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C-Coupe
Brake pedal noise

Has anyone experienced a clicking noise when you step on the brakes. It started making the noise yesterday. The interior noise is really starting to annoy me. It has 8200 miles and i've had it since august. Here's a list of my cars problems.

Passenger side dashboard or glove box noise
Headlight switch rattles
Panorama sunroof blinds would not fold all the way up
Sunroof noise
Mirror Auto dimming stopped working
and now the brake pedals.

I was expecting a better car when i sold my GTI to get the coupe, but it would not be a wise decision to trade it in now. Haven't had any problems with the engine so far.
Old 04-28-2002, 10:25 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
mercedes-benz are tend to have little itty bitty problems here and there. my sister's CLK320 also has quite a few small but annoying problems but no problem with the powertran.

1. noise from dash
2. cracked upper front dash trim and cracks around passenger SRS
3. burn out fog light
4. loose moon roof cover

all had been fixed under warranty.

no problems with my C32 yet.

all the problems you described can be fixed under warranty and i assume it has small problems because your car is from the first half of the model year. most of the problems are likely to be fixed during the second half of the model year. so it is always better to wait for the second half model year or the second year car.
Old 04-29-2002, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's a Mercedes, not a Toyota. They've always have been finicky cars with lots of annoying problems. They are not trouble free by a long shot. JD Powers rates them #10 in long term dependability, behind top brands such as Jaguar, Lexus, Infiniti....

The trick is finding a dealer that fixes the problem on the first visit (if you find one let me know), provides you with a nice MB loaner, treats you fair, washes your car and feeds you. You won't get that from Toyota but on the other hand you don't need it.

The service manager at one dealer put it this way, MB owners need something to complain about, if they bought an Acura (that dealers other dealership), they wouldn't be happy because they wouldn't have anything to complain about.
Old 04-29-2002, 12:09 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 C-Coupe
Reason why i got rid of the GTI was i had too many unscheduled visits at the dealership, the coupe does the same thing. But my wife's 2000 passat wagon has 27000 miles and is problem free. I guess not all cars are made the same. Don't get me wrong guys i like the car it's just the damn interior noise is getting to me. Sometimes i turn up the volume so i don't have to hear all the Squeaks and rattles. I'll wait when the car gets to 10k miles before i bring it in for service. The dealership is Stead Motors in Walnut Creek. Heard any good/bad things about that dealership ?
Old 08-24-2003, 01:57 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 186 Likes on 135 Posts
Re: Brake pedal noise

Originally posted by onie
Has anyone experienced a clicking noise when you step on the brakes. It started making the noise yesterday. The interior noise is really starting to annoy me. It has 8200 miles and i've had it since august.

I started getting that on my new clk. Did you ever have the dealer check it out?

Thanks
Old 08-24-2003, 02:45 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 C-Coupe
RJC
The Coupe is long gone and my dad owns it now. Bought an A4 which i think is a better car. If i'm not mistaken, the pedal noise stop after a few weeks. I did'nt bother taking the car to the dealership.
Old 08-24-2003, 03:46 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 186 Likes on 135 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply...I sent you a email so pls disregard. I think I found where this sound comes from ( in case it comes back or bothers your dad) check the post under the w211 section- ticking brakes.