C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

European Delivery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
European Delivery

Sorry for the stupid question but if I were to order a C230K here in the United States with the options I want and color, can pick it up in Germany, go to Poland for a month come back to Germany and have the car sent to the States?

Luke
Old 07-21-2004, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
yes!
Old 07-21-2004, 01:22 PM
Almost a Member!

So this is where I add m $720 or whatever it is destination charge?
Old 07-21-2004, 06:02 PM
jlm

The official line is that you pay MSRP for the car at your local dealer. The monies which would normally go to the dealer as his profit (or at least most of them) go back to MB and some of the money is applied toward things like the two nights' hotel accomodation, European insurance, marine insurance (for the trip to the States), etc. You will not need to pay the destination charge that is usually assessed for a US-bought car.

You may still be able to wrangle a deal even for a Euro Delivery car. Although I have to admit that it took me hours of negotiations to get a whole $500 off on my car, and that was only because I already had gotten an off-the-cuff quote from another dealer (who I wasn't going to buy from in any event, and who would probably back off from his offer were I to accept) to use as leverage. Point being it's not as cut-and-dried as the dealers would have you believe.

jlm
Old 07-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Almost a Member!

Well I spoke with the dealer he told me that for a '05 Granite Grey C230K with the lighting and sunroof package and a automatic transmission, he would sell the car for $31,527.00 plus taxes. Sound fair? Either way I am going to Poland, so I figured I would take the European delivery.

Luke
Old 07-21-2004, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by lkc230k
Sorry for the stupid question but if I were to order a C230K here in the United States with the options I want and color, can pick it up in Germany, go to Poland for a month come back to Germany and have the car sent to the States?

Luke
You will need to check with MB whether the insurance provided to you under the program will cover former east block countries. There may be restrictions and/or upcharges. If in doubt; get it in writing.
There have been some people who have posted their experiences with this program on this forum. Do a search and talk to them. They may be able to give you insights.
I can't give you any because all my experiences to this are related to rental cars.

HTH

Originally Posted by CitronC230K_03
Yes
Please elaborate; first hand experience, knowledge, etc.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:38 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 C230 Coupe
Originally Posted by jlm
The official line is that you pay MSRP for the car at your local dealer. The monies which would normally go to the dealer as his profit (or at least most of them) go back to MB and some of the money is applied toward things like the two nights' hotel accomodation, European insurance, marine insurance (for the trip to the States), etc. You will not need to pay the destination charge that is usually assessed for a US-bought car.

You may still be able to wrangle a deal even for a Euro Delivery car. Although I have to admit that it took me hours of negotiations to get a whole $500 off on my car, and that was only because I already had gotten an off-the-cuff quote from another dealer (who I wasn't going to buy from in any event, and who would probably back off from his offer were I to accept) to use as leverage. Point being it's not as cut-and-dried as the dealers would have you believe.

jlm
You don't pay MSRP-- You pay MSRP -7%, which is invoice, and you don't pay the destination fee (~$720). You can also use a C-Spot Coupon. It actually works out to be a decent deal.

I second the point, however, about insurance coverage in eastern block countries. MBUSA has a whole department that works on EDs, so they should be able to give you a straight answer.