C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C230 wont start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 12:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 C230
C230 wont start

Hi. New member although I have been visiting this forum for a while. I have a 2006 C230 Sport. The car won't start when the key is turned to the start position. The column does unlock. So the problem started when the wife got into the car and the alarm went off. She stopped the alarm by pressing the keys on the remote. The car started normally and she drove the car to work. When she was leaving work and tried to start the car, the key would not turn. I was able to get the key to turn only after trying many times. When the key is turned to the start position the starter does not engage and no dash lights come on. The dash will remain blank but if the lights are turned on the mileage shows on the cluster. The steering wheel unlocks as well as the gear shift lever. When the key is left in the ON position the radio works but nothing else turns on. The key remote will operate the locks and trunk, but some times the car does not lock or unlock when the buttons are pressed. I connected a scanner to the OBD2 port and there is no communication with any of the systems except for the SRS system. The SRS system is reports OK, except it says the driver side air bag squib 1 and 2 are open. This car recently had the driver side airbag replaced by Mercedes. I put in a new battery and no change. Any idea whats failed?
Old 12-12-2019, 10:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 C230
Ttt
Old 12-12-2019, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 410 Likes on 341 Posts
C320
Disconnect the battery GND terminal for 5 minutes and reconnect.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 c230 aport
Originally Posted by PDs2007C230
Hi. New member although I have been visiting this forum for a while. I have a 2006 C230 Sport. The car won't start when the key is turned to the start position. The column does unlock. So the problem started when the wife got into the car and the alarm went off. She stopped the alarm by pressing the keys on the remote. The car started normally and she drove the car to work. When she was leaving work and tried to start the car, the key would not turn. I was able to get the key to turn only after trying many times. When the key is turned to the start position the starter does not engage and no dash lights come on. The dash will remain blank but if the lights are turned on the mileage shows on the cluster. The steering wheel unlocks as well as the gear shift lever. When the key is left in the ON position the radio works but nothing else turns on. The key remote will operate the locks and trunk, but some times the car does not lock or unlock when the buttons are pressed. I connected a scanner to the OBD2 port and there is no communication with any of the systems except for the SRS system. The SRS system is reports OK, except it says the driver side air bag squib 1 and 2 are open. This car recently had the driver side airbag replaced by Mercedes. I put in a new battery and no change. Any idea whats failed?
key fob antena needs to be replaced