C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Oil leaking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 03:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil leaking

Couple weeks ago I was driving back home after a long trip. I drove the car for almost 12 hours. Just before I arrived home I was stopping on a traffic signal. Once it turned green I stepped on the gas and the car started shaking and then engine died. I switched the engine off and on again. The car didn’t work, after couple times it started and I managed to drive couple yards then it died again. I had it toed. The garage couldn’t find anything wrong with it and its now working okay.
So, after taking it from the garage I took a look under the hood, I noticed a huge oil stain located under the circle in the picture.
That hose seems to be leaking oil or something for a long time. I mean I remember seeing very little stain, but now a very huge dry stain.
I’m not sure when or that hose start leaking oil (for example maybe it leaks only when driving fast or stepping hard on the gas?).

Anyways, I’ll be traveling in a couple of days so I wont be fixing it till I come back, I just wanted to know if anyone has any idea what that might be….
Attached Thumbnails Oil leaking-eng.jpg  
Old 07-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Banned

c'mon guys... no one knows what that hose is for?
Old 07-24-2004, 06:56 PM

C32AMG
Originally Posted by Oil Change
c'mon guys... no one knows what that hose is for?
Since the hose that you indicated is coming out of the top of the valve cover,it's a breather line.Three possible leak causes would be a crack in the hose,poor sealing where it slips over the nipple due to an improperly tightened clamp,or high crankcase pressure.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
I'm not 100% positive, but I think that breather hose leaked oil for a couple of other owners as well, and that they had it replaced by the dealer, and all is ok now.

Do a search here and on mbklasse, and you should find some helpful info.

And take some extra oil with you on the trip, and check it every so often til you can get to the dealership.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:53 AM

'02 C230K Coupe
My car had a leak in the EXACT same place. It's the oil hose for the supercharger component of the engine. My car had entered into a half-stall once while I had this leak, didn't know where it was coming from. Coincidentally, it was also after a (relatively) long trip, about 4-5 hours almost continuous driving. Reported it to the MB techs at my next service, they replaced the hose for free (and cleaned it up too!). Especially if it's under warranty, take it to the dealer ASAP and have that hose replaced.