C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Broken record...2003 C320 Sunroof Removal/Parts Diagram?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C320
Broken record...2003 C320 Sunroof Removal/Parts Diagram?

Hello all, I have owned a 2003 C320 for about two years now. I plan to drive this car as long as I can.
The sunroof never worked since I had the car until roughly a year ago on my lunch break with a coworker, I pulled the overhead display down and found that the sunroof motor was unhooked from the display...obviously for a reason...
I plugged it back in and boom- the sunroof worked. Tilted up and slid back and also closed...with a little help
This worked 2 separate times until I opened it then it started to get real stuck. So I ended up having a coworker press the switch while I forced it shut and tilted it back up...it was beginning to rain so I had to work quick.
Anyways, during all this some pieces had fallen out of the track. Some white plastic chunks and also a metal piece that looks like a bolt was supposed to fasten it to something...
Now the sunroof is shut but it is stuck crooked, the front left of the glass is pushed up and leaks some water some times...
I am just trying to see if anyone has access to a parts list- or a diagram of sorts to see what parts had fallen- or possibly an old post that still might shed some light at my problem...sorry for the broken record...
I have no problem pulling down the headliner and sunroof to do any work...greasing the tracks is not an option now as the roof is completely jammed.

Any reply is appreciated.