C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Wax recommendations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 07:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 G500
Wax recommendations?

I have finally figured out just how difficult it is to maintain a black car. What is considered to be the best wax? I've always heard meguiars(sp?). Also, is it ok to take your car to those car wash places like classic in norcal area? Thanks
Old 08-01-2004, 08:09 AM
JeT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have a look in the detailing forum...heaps of really good info including opinions on various waxes and sealants. I use Zaino myself.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 G500
I just found it a sec ago. Thanks
Old 08-02-2004, 03:48 AM

W203 C240
remember to apply it with a nice fine sandpaper
Old 08-02-2004, 10:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bantha
Turtle Wax...
Old 08-02-2004, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Simonize your car.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:59 AM

2014 Sport White on black
Originally Posted by edd1e22
I have finally figured out just how difficult it is to maintain a black car. What is considered to be the best wax? I've always heard meguiars(sp?). Also, is it ok to take your car to those car wash places like classic in norcal area? Thanks
I used lots and lots of car wax on my black MBZ. Then I found the best wax ever for the car. Read the advertisement below. Will Zanio give you a full money back guarantee if you do not like thier products? I used it and all the swirls are gone and my black car looks brand new. Stuff is Awesome! And it only took me about an hour to do my car. Generally it takes twice as long when I use the other stuff. I used the directions and did not buff of just wipe off the wax and then 12-24 hours later applied another coat.

[B][B]Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax is unlike any car wax you have ever tried before. Nothing even comes close to this amazing product. All we ask is for you to try it. If it doesn't blow you away, send it back and get a full refund -http://www.autopia-carcare.com/meg-g-12718.html . If you're planning on entering a car show or cruise or just showing off, you won't want to be without this product. Here is what this awesome product will do:

Your paint will be darker and richer and the shine will be the deepest, clearest you've ever seen.
Our new ESP (Engineered Synthetic Polymers) technology creates a tougher, polymer bond to your paint so it can provide extreme protection.
Engineered to eliminate those fine scratches so you can have a flawless finish.
Glides on and off easily. You'll be surprised how easy it is to reveal your dazzling new finish.

I stand behind the Meguiar's 100% money back guarantee. If you don't love this product, send it back and I will happily refund the full purchase price.

Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax can be applied by hand or machine. For hand application, I recommend a foam applicator pad, not a microfiber applicator. For application by dual-action polish, use a fine foam pad. For best results, your paint finish should be polished and free of contamination. Use detailing clay to remove paint contamination. Use a suitable pre-wax cleaner to polish prior to application.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:22 AM

W203 C240
Im loosing my hair over my black mb...seriously my next car better have nanotech assuming that stuff works...i ll try the zaino & nxt
Old 08-04-2004, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
Originally Posted by edd1e22
any former owner of a black car would have told you that.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:18 PM

I'm telling you that NXT is the best stuff. Easy to apply and looks great. Tues I emailed Eagle One who claims that their NAN Tech car wax is better and cheaper ($4.99). I asked them for a free sample so I can to a comparison study. We will see what happens. But I think Eagle One's product is the same as Prestone’s. Prestone claims that their wax (in fact they say it’s not a wax) is applied in direct sunlight so the paint molecules expand and allow the wax molecules to imbed themselves into the paint which produces a stronger bond thus a longer wax appearance. Well I tried it, in the sunlight, and found it better the Zymol but does not beat NXT. After NXT all my little black scratches and swirls are completely gone.. And when you are done the car feels smooth as glass. All the other products try to sell you their clay and wax products to reproduce that smooth as glass feeling. I have better things to do than wax and wash my car all day. I used motowerks (24 bucks) on my car and it took eight hours. I got sunburn and a pretty shiny car with swirl marks. When I used NXT, it took one hour and I got a deep rich black car with no swirl marks. In fact I was so happy with the result and time saved I waxed my wife's car. So in too hours I got two cars done and a happy wife who in turn made me happy.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:41 PM
Almost a Member!

C320
NXT wax

I agree, the NXT wax is great. Easy to use, no power when wiping off. I have a black truck and motorcycle and they look terrific. The wax really looks the best on dark colored vehicles. No swirl marks and a very smooth finish. I use it on my car, but it is light colored. I switched to NXT because it is easy to use and no swirl marks.
I put a new cowl induction hood on my truck and use hand glaze since it was painted. The NXT looks the same as the hood that I use hand glaze on. No swirl marks anywhere. &15 for wax might seem expensive to some, but it is well worth it. One more thing about NXT, it seems to hols up longer than any other wax I have used. The true test will come this winter.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:50 PM

I should of emphasized that NXT works great on darker cars. But for a cheaper alternative for lighter cars I would recommend Eagles One's Nano TECH. They claim it not to be a wax but a molecular chemical that binds with the paint molecules as well as fill in swirls. It’s supposed to harden into a protectant shell on your car. And for $4.99 it's a good deal too.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BANNED
I use ear wax
Old 08-09-2004, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
Originally Posted by tyro
I use ear wax
lol. looks like the guy is digging in his for the wax!
Old 08-09-2004, 06:10 PM

Dumbo how do you get your head into the car with them big Axx ears? (ear wax he he he)
Old 08-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Jkw

2004.5 C 230
Zaino can be hard to work with, You'll be happy with NXT.
Jkw
Old 08-10-2004, 10:55 PM

'05 C230 coupe
Zaino. 'nuff said.

sure, it can be a bit time consuming the first time you put it on, but provided you follow the directions, it's *so* worth it. 3 coats later, my silver GTI is hard to look at in direct sunlight because it's so reflective ^_^
Old 08-10-2004, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Zaino is OK, but for a little more money get something good, Klasse AIO. I used NXT, works pretty well, actually easier to put on than Klasse and that's saying a lot.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Porcelain Bus
Originally Posted by maguzma
I'm telling you that NXT is the best stuff. Easy to apply and looks great. Tues I emailed Eagle One who claims that their NAN Tech car wax is better and cheaper ($4.99). I asked them for a free sample so I can to a comparison study. We will see what happens. But I think Eagle One's product is the same as Prestone’s. Prestone claims that their wax (in fact they say it’s not a wax) is applied in direct sunlight so the paint molecules expand and allow the wax molecules to imbed themselves into the paint which produces a stronger bond thus a longer wax appearance. Well I tried it, in the sunlight, and found it better the Zymol but does not beat NXT. After NXT all my little black scratches and swirls are completely gone.. And when you are done the car feels smooth as glass. All the other products try to sell you their clay and wax products to reproduce that smooth as glass feeling. I have better things to do than wax and wash my car all day. I used motowerks (24 bucks) on my car and it took eight hours. I got sunburn and a pretty shiny car with swirl marks. When I used NXT, it took one hour and I got a deep rich black car with no swirl marks. In fact I was so happy with the result and time saved I waxed my wife's car. So in too hours I got two cars done and a happy wife who in turn made me happy.

I did a direct comparison on my car. Half was done with NXT Tech Wax and the other half with Eagle one Nanowax. There was no noticeable difference between the two. Nanowax went on and came off easier, and smells better. It also is less expensive and comes with a microfiber towel.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:33 PM

Location: From Oxnard; living in Ocean View Hills, San Diego, CA
'01 C320 SS
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
Zaino is OK, but for a little more money get something good, Klasse AIO. I used NXT, works pretty well, actually easier to put on than Klasse and that's saying a lot.
I agree; Klasse is very easy to use "red bottle". While my car is silver, the Aviator is black, and the Klasse always makes it look like glass when I'm done.
You are saying you've tried NXT, but still use Klasse? Please tell us why; I need to buy more wax soon and don't to buy NXT if the brilliance is not the same or better than with Klasse.

Last edited by CHATMANR; 08-12-2004 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I still have my Klass AIO but wanted to try NXT, they woth work well and you'll be happy with either. I like waxes that you can put on and take off easily and the advantage that NXT has is that you can apply it to the whole car in one step, not so with AIO.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Klasse

Don't forgot a few thin coats of SG on top of the AIO. Preparation....wash/clay/polish/protect...is very important to shine quality and longevity.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I haven't been happy with the results of putting the SG over the AIO, it comes out streaky and cloudy and you really have to work it, not my idea of good time. I tried claying but it's not as effective or fast as high speed buffing.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
"SG over the AIO, it comes out streaky and cloudy and you really have to work it" You're putting it on too thick. Took me a while to get right. If you put it on correctly it's as easy to polish out as the AIO. " I tried claying but it's not as effective or fast as high speed buffing" At the bottom layer of a car finish clay is for removing surface contaminants... buff for scratches. AIO contains a minor buffing agent. Done correctly you should get a year out of a correct Klasse base application (in So. Ca.!).