C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Help Pls: going from Audi -> MB C320 SS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 01:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Help Pls: going from Audi -> MB C320 SS

Hi All,

I've owned Audis for quite awhile now, but I'm not quite feeling it this time so I've started looking at BMW and MB. I was basically all set on a 330CI or cabriolet and then I test drove the 2005 230k - great car! Can someone help with a few questions please?

1.) European Delivery (ED): I understand it's MSRP - 7%. Is there a better way to deal on this? Is there an ED invoice or something?

2.) Can I get the C320 ss with Ash interior? I've seen pictures of it, but I can't configure it on the web site.

3.) I'm only interested in leasing - are all of the lease deals really that horrible? Why? Unfortunately that could be a deal breaker ...

Thanks!

PS My opinons on the Audi vs. BMW vs. MB - I'll skip the stuff we already know.

I've never really liked the C class (no offense ) as it always seemed like an older person's car and this time I was looking for something younger than the Allroad I have.

I couldn't believe how much I liked the C230k ss - it was luxurious, rock solid, and had a more European feel. Of course the Bimmer performs much better and beats the 320 to 60 by a full second (blah blah blah), but you don't buy this car to drag; it's a gentleman's car that can move out if it needs to and take a fast corner because you want to.

Overall I'd say this:

* Audi - needs to update their whole look and the new A6 isn't it . The interiors are still nice, but they feel dated. Service is good but they have their gremlins so you might need it.

* BMW - Cold cheap interiors, dated exteriors (3s). The Bangles are mangled. The only one I'd consider is the 330Ci ZHP. It looks great, is fast, and the interior, while a bit overdone, is unique and *really* sporty.

* Merc - I dunno what's up with them - this new C Sport series is awesome! I can't believe I like it. For anyone on the fence - test drive one! The interior is really quality and it makes up for the performance hit.

The 320 has about the same performance as my Allroad (2.7 bi turbo, 250hp) but the handling is obviously better being a sedan vs. a wagon and the Allroad isn't exactly built to be tossed, but I do!

Anyway - I'm thinking I just may buy one of these things if I can get even an ok lease offer - the C is that good. I'll pay a slight lease premium and take the performance hit.

BTW - I'm a modder, but the 320 sport is good as is - if you want to mod it buy the AMG if you want a Benz. IMO, the C isn't really mod-friendly.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C320wz
i believe if you can't configure it, you can't order it.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:32 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
good luck on making the choice.

I believe you can order ASH interior only with certain exterior color. I'll use the build your own thing later to figure it out and tell you.

I don't know about the Euro Delievery program, but I know they are indeed cheaper than if you just take the car in the states.

The lease deal are not too bad IMO. Depends on the season also, my friend got his 2004.5 C230k on a lease w/ no down payment and around $300 something a month back in March when he got the car. You can always negotiate better deal depending on the dealership. Ask around first. I think the C-spot coupon ($1500 off msrp) will work too.

I'm very interested to see how will the improved C320 ss match up against the 330's. So far I don't remember if I've seen anyone w/ a 04.5-05 C320 sport. BTW, there's rumor that the C350 will come in another thread I saw, so do a little research to see if you want to wait for the C350 if you are really going w/ the C-class.

note: the new C-class is actually mod friendly, but just not wallet friendly when it comes to modding. If you would want to mod, then a standard C320 would be a great point to start like a lot of the guys did on this board. BUT yeah, the new Sport Package really killed it for everyone. lol

EDIT: I checked the MBusa site. I don't believe they have full ASH leather interior available, but they do have ASH insert which only has real leather for the seating area. The interior I believe will come in ASH if you choose the ASH insert.

Last edited by FrankW; 08-03-2004 at 03:45 AM.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:53 AM

ARRR
also insurance is cheaper, mine's 120... for 6 months full coverage
Old 08-03-2004, 03:59 AM
Guest0001

You can only get Ash Leather with the Luxury Sedan option.

Welcome btw You will be satisfied with the C320 if you decide to get it. Plus you get some extras like power seats and Bose standard. Its worth the extra 6k over the C230 IMO, The extra torque alone is worth it. Goodluck!
Old 08-03-2004, 08:49 AM

2002 E55, Black on Black
To address a couple of items:
Lease deals on the C230 offered through MB offer some good deals. Not so much on a 320. I leased my C320 sport 2004.5 for under $600 including tax, nothing down, and with several options. 42 months, 15K miles. So, decent lease deals can be found, if not spectacular. I ended up having to use Southtrust bank to get those numbers, as MB couldn't match it. In the end, the C320 lease was comparable to what I could get a cheaper Audi 3.0 since Audi's residuals are such crap. However, you probably won't be able to match the leases you get on BMWs -- those are some of the best around.

I believe you can have MB make you the color combo you want, if you want to pay a premium. If you want ash with an exterior they don't offer, you can pay (I think $1000) for the custom order. The car will have to be built from scratch.

Hope you enjoy whatever you get.