C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Stummped, No crank no start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2020 | 02:14 PM

2005 c230 Kompressor
Stummped, No crank no start

Hey forum looking for some needed assistance.

I have an 05 c230 kompressor with 140k miles.

Currently It is experiencing no crank no start conditions. This has been happening since 2 days ago. I had taken the car for a wash with no problems, then about four hours later my significant others vehicle would not start. I jumped her saturn (while her car was off) and felt that I did the jumping procedure correctly to avoid any computer failure on the c230. I put the positive cable on the dead batter first then connected the positive on the oisitive terminal of the mercedes, then put the negative cable t ground on the saturn engine bay, then put the negative terminal on the c230 negative post.

I charged the saturn for no more then 7 minutes and turned off the Mercedes, disconnected everything as should andthe Mercedes and saturn both were on there way.

About 15 minutes later I had gone to run some errands and still nothing out of the ordinary, shut off the c230 and drove around a bit. 30 minutes later I park the car at home and hangout for a while, then all of a sudden when trying to use the car later in the evening, the car would not start.... no cranking noise. The fob fortunately turns all the way to the last position illuminating the lights, instrument cluster, ect.. everything else works interior wise. I also noticed a slight drop in voltage 12.3, had the battery recharged the next morning and still no crank(wont turn over or even make a sound).

I checked all fuses and relays and they appear to check out ok. No check engine light or codes present according to the obd2 scanner( havent performed any star or icarsoft testing). Voltage also seems to be dropping so not sure if anything like the alternator or electronics were damage in the car wash.

Initially when I purchased the car this year, it needed a bit of tlc relaced:
( old champion plugs to Bosch platinum plugs, cam magnets, Vacuume pump seals, bosch alternator, factory Mercedes battery)

before I replaced the Battery and oem alternator I had the red light alternator/battery light on for a month but once both were replaced, it seemed liked everything resolved..
Car passed smog and everything else seemed great aside some medium to moderate oil seeping a bit from the valve cover.

I was noticing some slight slugishness within the past few weeks with the car but the standard obd2 device checked out ok with no codes.

I sprayed some MAF cleaner( while the negative cable was off but not much of a difference) again no codes were present.

I am really stumped if it could be the starter, fuel pressure problem or crank sensor?

Any advice would be appreciated!