C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

New member, some pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203 C240
Nice car by the way, I want that interior

seems prices have gone up abit...my 2002 was 32 k sticker price of course it doesnt have the full leather, full power or nav but hey thats all extra weight and potential issues in the long run...i paid 29k for it but with taxes etc it was back up to 31/32k, it helps to haggle generally speaking.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
damn. you guys are tough.

when i bought my bmw, i paid the full msrp without blinking.

of course, that was before the internet bubble burst
Old 08-04-2004, 03:03 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by mick1
damn. you guys are tough.

when i bought my bmw, i paid the full msrp without blinking.

of course, that was before the internet bubble burst
I paid $2000 off the MSRP for my 2000 328Ci, but it was FULLY LOADED sport premium and it was the third car the dealership delivered when the Ci first came out. Not like now there's 3-series coupe every where you look.

If i was to buy after the car has been out for a while I would not have paid the same thing like I did.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:27 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by oggle
You're so full of *****.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:37 AM
Almost a Member!

05 C230K
I dont know why ppl think 05 c230 fully loaded is so cheap and easy to get the price down. I got mine 3 weeks ago at fletcher jones, largest benz dealer in Cali, and they didnt have one with silver/black light, entertainment, and sunroof. They couldnt even locate one anywhere around Southern california. My car came into LB a week after. So when i bought my car it was in the lot. I still payed 33700-1500 c-spot on it. basicly 100 below invoice and c-spot, making it 1600 below invoice. but understand that c-spot applies after the interest is added to the total amount of the car.

There is no incentive to sell a car with a populer color, fully loaded, and on the lot to anyone at a low price. It is a benz, if your too cheap to pay invoice, im sure the next guy is willing to pay above invoice for a benz. They can sell a car like that the day they get it on the lot. cuz there is no other identical car w/ the same options and color at any dealer near you. Why would they take a lost and sell it at below invoice. if its an unpopular color and no options, who would want to get that ****? of course they will sell that crap at a huge lost to customers (well below invoice). ppl r buying a benz there, not civics. already put up 30K, wuts a few more thousands to make the car that much more enjoyable to drive.

dealerships are not stupid, if they can sell it at a higher price, then they will. if they can't sell one at an invoice or msrp price, then they will negotiate. but not one that can be sold the next day, cuz the high demand.

Last edited by Shohoku; 08-04-2004 at 03:43 AM.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:56 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Shohoku, i dunno, reading your argument is confusing. First you say why ppl think the C230 is cheap and then you said you still paid $33k for it and it was $1600 below the invoice. If there's no incentive to sell popular color, then how did you get yours below invoice? Are you saying the silver, blk, or white are not popular color because those are what most people have and they still got a lot of discount.

also, I don't get what you are trying to say w/ the invoice example? invoice is what the dealership pays the manufacturer (well, actually they still pay less than invoice). If you were talking about his case at $42k, he didn't pay invoice. What does your example trying to say then?
Old 08-04-2004, 04:17 AM
Almost a Member!

05 C230K
My car was not hundreds and definitely not thousands under invoice, but infact only 100 under invoice.

i've seen so many ppl say they can get a 05c230 fully loaded for hundreds even in the thousands under invoice. Mine was only 100 under invoice. my c-spot coupon only applied to the car after everything was added, including the interest. so not including c-spot my car is only 100 under invoice. c-spot coupon does not count as a way of bargaining for the car cuz it only applies to the financing of the car. Therefore, the sales doesnt even care about the coupon, you dont even have to tell them. just show the finance person your c-spot coupon, and they'll take off 1500 from the total price. dont be confused on the bargaining part and the financing part of the deal.

silver, black, and white are all popular colors. these colors will make the car more expensive because they are easier to sell. btw, MB dealerships make most of their money on other models. they already make very little on the C class, why would they sell the car at a lost.

If he is able to get the car with the exact options and color he want, then even at 500 above invoice is a good price.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
Shohoku
IMO, people like you who continue to post bad information should be You don't have a clue about the car buying process. Why don't you read a book before posting stupid concepts that will mess up those trying to buy a car.
BFD you got your car at FJM.Largest does not always equal better. And the salesperson noticed right away you did not know jack. Because he did not have the exact car you wanted no one had it either? And you believed him He wants to sell his stock not other stock, so of course he told you there where no others available. He knew what was coming the next week to his location and he had someone who was so wet behind the ears who would take the car at whatever he said. I bet you could not stop saying how much you liked the car and wanted it.

Last edited by Anaheim_Drew; 08-04-2004 at 04:43 AM.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:13 AM
Almost a Member!

05 C230K
Drew

I can't believe theres still clueless ppl like you out there that doesnt know any facts and try to mislead ppl. you said read a book on car buying process. im assuming you have one yourself, and you have studied it well to have the garbage you consider knowledge in your head. my friend from college is the fleet manager that works at FJM. he sells cars to places like "cardirect" if that rings a bell. He checked and there was not another identical car anywhere in California. I double checked by going to 2 other dealers, one was 5 minutes away from home in arcadia. the one from arcadia did not have one either and offered to have me put down a 2000 dollars down payment for one from germany.

When I went to fletcher jones to pick up my car, I saw my car in a lot that cleans up all the cars that came in from the LB port. there are three different lots at fletcher jones, my friend took me around and showed me their lots and chatted for awhile before my car was ready to be pulled up to the finance area. I was lucky that my friend found the car going into long beach, and I was lucky that I could get a hold of a car with my options and color this quick (wait of 1 week, and 4 days from the LB port). I even have a fax on the vin number of hte car and all the information on there from LB port stating that my car has just arrived here in the states.

stop sitting on your bs. Why dont you visit some dealerships before you start crapping out crazy numbers. They deal with numerous clients daily who are wealthy and wouldnt even blink an eye at purchasing a benz below MSRP. If you walk into any MB dealer with your attitude, and stupid numbers. They will tell you to go to a Kia dealership.

If your trying to knock off a few thousands from the invoice price, then dun get the benz and go buy a Kia so you can save some money.

Last edited by Shohoku; 08-04-2004 at 05:19 AM.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Shohoku,
I can back up my facts and track record as a broker. I bought my second benz from FJM in 1986. Did you have a license yet?
1. Your friend sells cars to Carsdirect? Then why did he bend you over? The carsdirect price is $1100 under invoice.Plus you have to factor in their profit. And he gave you $100 under invoice? You need new friends....... Or you just like getting bent over. My guess. Go play in the sand box with the other kids.........
And why were you begging for a c-spot coupon if money was not an issue.

Pricing as of August 04, 2004 in ZIP Code 92804
2005 Mercedes-Benz C230 4dr Sedan Kompressor Sport
CarsDirect Price:$31,284
MSRP Price: $34,120
Invoice Price : $32,384

$35590 msrp, $33150 invoice $32050 carsdirect price with other options

Powertrain
Engine: 1.8L I-4 DOHC MPI Intercooled Supercharged
4-cylinder engine with 1.8-liter displacement, dual overhead cam valvetrain, multi-port injection STD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual w/Overdrive STD
Transmission: Electronic Tuning 5-Speed Automatic w/Touch Shift $1,293
Option Groups
Power Driver Seat $558
Lighting Package $735
Entertainment Package $903
Sunroof Package $1,665
Wheels and Tires
Tires: P225/45ZR17 High-Performance SBR
Low Profile tires with 225mm width, 17.0" rim STD
Wheels: 7.5J x 17 in. 7-Spoke Design Aluminum-Alloy STD
Seats and Seat Trim
Sport Front Seats STD
M-B Tex Upholstery w/Leather Front Seating Inserts STD
Split Fold Down Rear Seat $270
Heated Front Seats $633
Premium Leather Seat Trim $1,395
Audio
Radio: AM/FM Stereo w/Single In-Dash CD Player STD
6-Disc CD Changer Included
Other Options
Monotone Paint Application STD
DVD COMAND Navigation $2,056
TeleAid Digital w/Cell Phone Prewiring $763
Destination Charge
Manufacturer's Destination Charge $720

Last edited by Anaheim_Drew; 08-04-2004 at 05:59 AM.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:14 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
I could swear HOI has couple like yours w/ the same options. The "we can't find it anywhere" line are always BS. If you got the best deal then explain why Turbo2 got a BETTER deal w/ more options than you got?

My dad was in the car (MB/BMW/AUDI) business till 97 and I pratically grew up in our showroom in Taiwan. I think I know as much as you do. Dealerships buy their car at prices a lot lower than invoice, even at invoice they are still making money.

and about what you said that the c-class don't make any $$. That's just the exact opposite of what it really goes on. The more expensive the car is they have less room to make $$ for the dealership. The C-class is the most profitable Benz they sell. I didn't sit there at HOI and read their fleet order paper for nothing. My sales who's now one of the manager showed me btw.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Frank,
You and I (anaheim_drew) are the ones who are the fools. Trying to educate someone who on 7-7-2004 asked what was a good deal and less than one month later is an expert? With all of the answers. How about his friend who sells to carsdirect (you have heard of them) as he asked me, who gave him such a great deal of $100 under invoice? If he had checked carsdirect he would have known their price is/was $1100-$1450 under invoice.

Last edited by Anaheim_Drew; 08-04-2004 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CbowmanPSU
I bought the car about a week ago, and so far so good. Other than I have had a little bit of trouble with the drivers side door opening, but we'll see. I have some pictures, some are edited in photoshop, i had alittle to much time on my hands today.
Mr. Cbowman,
Sorry to go off topic. You have a very nice car. Congrats
Old 08-04-2004, 05:33 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by Anaheim_Drew
Mr. Cbowman,
Sorry to go off topic. You have a very nice car. Congrats
yup, sorry to hijack the thread. congrats on the car again just was angry for you that's all.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BANNED
Originally Posted by Noble C320
take anything this guy says with a grain of salt.
Which one, Frank or nicedeboy? I think they're both whacked :p
Old 08-04-2004, 05:56 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by tyro
Which one, Frank or nicedeboy? I think they're both whacked :p
I'm sorry to have hurt your feelings
Old 08-04-2004, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BANNED
Originally Posted by elchinocache
yeah i'm really lost, is that little kid oggle?
Hahahaahhahahahahah!
Old 08-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Banned

Missing my beloved Benz
me again

Old 08-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Guest0001

Originally Posted by nicedeboy
because of you?
Old 08-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Banned

Missing my beloved Benz
no because of the other idiots. Get a life and move on losers! :p
Old 08-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Banned

Missing my beloved Benz
I'm so over this thread... so grow up freaks
Old 08-04-2004, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BANNED
Imho

I really don't believe you can get a C230 under invoice in eastern Pennsylvania. We, including the thread starter, don't have the competion you Californicator's do.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Almost a Member!

05 C230K
drew

first of all, i sad he's the fleet manager for fletcher jones, he sells benz to places like carsdirect, private dealerships, etc.. He's not a sales for carsdirect... i dun care if i could have saved another hundred dollars on a 36K car. I had a good buying experience, and pretty fun being taken around fletcher jones to check out the facility. my friend gets the sale and he gets his share of the quota, sounds good to me. btw drew, you cant even read and understand a simple sentence, what makes you think you have any clues about cars. You think copying and pasting info from a website on the specs of a car make your claims solid? how does that make you a knowledged buyer or broker. just read over what you have posted so far, 99.9% bs with no strong facts supporting any of your rediculous claims. (carsdirect does not count as a source, how many ppl do you know bought a car from carsdirect) If your doubtful, print out ur carsdirect 411 and bring it to a local dealer, see what they tell you. and that book of yours on the car buying process... you can go refund your money and use that money to buy urself a model toy car.

Btw, the C class is not the most popular line that MB has. You can quote me on that. MB dealerships do make more money from other models of MB, most benz owners are in the upper class of the MB line. Also, C class cannot compare with other cars of the same class such as BMW 3 series in terms of sales (plz dun get confused again drew, go take some english language courses first) . if we're arguing over a 3 series, then its true 3 series is more popular than the 5 and 7 series, and a large portion of their profit comes from the 3 series. the benz C class cannot sell at large quantities such as the 3 series, therefore impossible to contribute, as the 3 series did, to the total profit. Take a sec and think about it before making more weak claims.

frank, ur dad had a car business, doesnt make you anymore knowledgeable. you growing up in taiwan's showroom doesnt make you anymore knowldegeable. All it means is that your dad knew the automobile industry in taiwan back in the 90's. I have no idea where your trying to get at with your logic. The united states benz market is completely different from taiwan btw. The price difference is near a ratio of 2 to 1.

anyway, im done arguing with ppl that can only make weak and unreasonable claims with no solid proof. read through my logistics and think for a while, maybe ppl like drew can understand a thing or two about why they should zip up their mouth.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
LOL Shohoku is in denial.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It is getting old.......
I did not say your friend worked for Carsdirect, I quoted you when you said he sells to carsdirect and now you say others. O.K... But why would carsdirect buy from him or anyone if as you said (carsdirect does not count as a source, how many ppl do you know bought a car from carsdirect) why are they in business? Do they just buy cars from your friend to make him happy? No so someone is buying from Carsdirect.

From MBZ
With sales of 19,900 sedans and station wagons in January 2004, the E-Class almost attained the record level achieved in January 2003. In the luxury segment, 4,400 S-Class sedans were sold, while the SL-Class roadster set a record with sales of 2,300 units in January. In the period leading up to the previously announced model upgrade, sales of the C-Class model family remained relatively stable: In January, 20,200 sedans, station wagons and sport coupes were sold around the world, compared with 24,300 last year.

Cut and paste facts......
We can end this now, I challange you to find 2 people who in the month of July bought a C230k in California that you can prove you got a better deal than. I can find 2 people in other States that got better deals than you they don't act like they know everything in a month.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New member, some pics