C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

03 c230k coupe project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2020 | 11:04 PM

2003 c230 kompressor coupe
03 c230k coupe project

Hey guys I haven't been on here in years due to federal prison. Lost my 06 rsx type s 😞 So when I got out, my ex looked out and sold me her 2003 mercedes benz c230 kompressor coupe with 172,000 miles for a cheap price. Miss my Acura but this car kinda reminds me of it and plus its rwd 😉 got a lot of plans for it so far. Need some work but since we're on the corona lock down I have plenty of time!

Old 05-22-2020 | 11:19 PM

Car was dirty but not terrible. Has some little sections of rust bubbles along the edges of all fenders and around the hood emblem. Not to worry its fixable and ill do as much work my self to save money. The interior needs some work. Took out the front seats to clean fool's but got lazy and decided to replace it. Don't like "mushroom" color carpet anyway. Cleaned all the plastic and seats the best I could till I order some good cleaner( any sugestions?) Cleaned up pretty well.

Soon to do list:

Replace headlight switch (no settings work)

Replace door speaker covers (busted)

Replace hatch struts (blown)

Replace corner turn signals (broke

Replace turn signal switch (won't stay in place)

Replace drivers foglight (broke glass cover)

Replace panoramic sunroof motor

Change grille, emblems, center caps.

Head light restoration

Black carpet instead of grey

Window visors

I actually ordered a headlight switch, trunk struts, smoked led turn signals, badgeless black grille, new kompressor emblem, black center caps( instead of blue), chrome upright mb star emblem(instead of flat), black carpet, window visors.

Those are the basic things I'm doing for now. Plenty of other plans coming soon.

Old 05-22-2020 | 11:35 PM

Got my black carpet in the mail today. Better condition than I thought! Badgeless grill was sold out by vendor so they refunded the money and now I found a cheaper supplier overseas. Still waiting on more packages to come in.Front end kit came in the mail today. Should tighten up everything nice. Control arms, inner and outer tie rods, sway bar links. Still waiting on things I ordered.

Last edited by JacobLee0123; 05-23-2020 at 01:53 AM.
Old 05-23-2020 | 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2008 ML550 4Matic; 2004 C320
Nice looking car, you will bring it back to life, which is awesome.
Looks like you got your work cut out for yourself, that shall keep you busy for a while. 😊
Old 05-23-2020 | 01:51 AM

Yea absolutely. I got it for pretty cheap so it'll be a fun project to work on. Especially since I'm stuck at home due to the Corona virus lock down.
Anyway I have some electrical problems to address. And some various upgrade to do here soon. Still waiting on parts to get here. Can't wait!
Old 06-18-2020 | 06:49 AM

2011 c300 Lux 4Matic, 2003 C230k
Just got one myself.

Originally Posted by JacobLee0123
Yea absolutely. I got it for pretty cheap so it'll be a fun project to work on. Especially since I'm stuck at home due to the Corona virus lock down.
Anyway I have some electrical problems to address. And some various upgrade to do here soon. Still waiting on parts to get here. Can't wait!

I like Black on that car. I also purchased a 2003 C230k during the Covid Shut down, Im a music artist and I received some small business bailout money due to missed shows. So I used that money to purchase the vehicle.
So far I've noticed that the horn is not working, the break lights are not working either. The radiator fan isn't functioning either. The Emergency break is lose also. The panoramic roof is not working either. Im bout to start with checking the fuses, its only had one owner n its at like 157k miles.
Old 06-18-2020 | 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by RobReport
I like Black on that car. I also purchased a 2003 C230k during the Covid Shut down, Im a music artist and I received some small business bailout money due to missed shows. So I used that money to purchase the vehicle.
So far I've noticed that the horn is not working, the break lights are not working either. The radiator fan isn't functioning either. The Emergency break is lose also. The panoramic roof is not working either. Im bout to start with checking the fuses, its only had one owner n its at like 157k miles.
sounds like we have some of the same problems man haha. My horn works though,, panoramic roof motor just blows fuses so I need a new motor im guessing and my brake lights dont work and non work unless I turn the computer setting to automatic lights on. The multifunction light switch doesn't work and I even bought a new one and still no avail. I checked all fuses but not the relays yet but im guessing its a front or rear sam (signal acquisition module) which is a circuit board on each fuse box that monitors the units and tell the computer whats going on. Seems like these cars are very sensitive electrically which can be and expensive or time consuming fix. Sam units aren't too cheap but ive found them for around 200 new each which I might buy both to just cover my tracks ahead of time. I hate electric problems. My radiator fan stays on which tells me a Temp sensor is probably faulty. Beens slowly working on it. I haven't drove it even yet which sucks I still got a couple months probably before I do. Just a project until I get the ball rolling. Let me know if u figure out the tail lights figured out please.