C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Driver side door not locking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 c200k w203
Driver side door not locking

Whatsup guys...my 2000 c200k recently had a big pop on the driver's side door....turns out the window regulator went to heaven...I ordered a replacement but I got the wrong part. I sent it back and still waiting on new one to come from wherever they come from. Problem now is there no window regulator in the door...I dont mind driving with the window up all the time. However now the driver's side door wont lock at all...airbag is still in place. Any suggestions?
Old 12-18-2020, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 198 Posts
2003 C230K Coupe Orion Blue
Are you able to push the pin down? If not, the door thinks it's still open.

Also is that a typo with the MY2000 car? That is a W202, in which case you're asking in the wrong forum. I notice your signature says MY2003.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:03 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Bicycle, 2004 c200k
*Like slammer says, the lock should work by pressing the pin / mechanical key

The 'window regulator' is the ecu type thing in the door? If the front ones are the same as the rear then its what sends 12v to the door lock and window, so it wont work (did you not nice the wires going to the door lock when you took it apart?) . i had to replace mine on the rear after some simple diagnosis https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...door-lock.html

Did you hear a pop in the door and notice window wasn't working and assume 'i have a bad window regulator' and buy one immediately? you got the wrong part , but they have part numbers on them that you would have seen if you tried to figure out what was broken hmm something caused the 'pop'
Old 12-18-2020, 12:12 PM

2003 c200k w203
Nope...

Originally Posted by slammer111
Are you able to push the pin down? If not, the door thinks it's still open.

Also is that a typo with the MY2000 car? That is a W202, in which case you're asking in the wrong forum. I notice your signature says MY2003.
The pin on the door doesnt even budge...also its stated in the history book as 2000 c200Kompressor w203....I mean even the vin number starts with WDC203. Not sure if that's relevant.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:16 PM

2003 c200k w203
No sir

Originally Posted by DjaKRAbb
*Like slammer says, the lock should work by pressing the pin / mechanical key

The 'window regulator' is the ecu type thing in the door? If the front ones are the same as the rear then its what sends 12v to the door lock and window, so it wont work (did you not nice the wires going to the door lock when you took it apart?) . i had to replace mine on the rear after some simple diagnosis https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...door-lock.html

Did you hear a pop in the door and notice window wasn't working and assume 'i have a bad window regulator' and buy one immediately? you got the wrong part , but they have part numbers on them that you would have seen if you tried to figure out what was broken hmm something caused the 'pop'
the window regulator is what pushes the window up and down...uses a motor to drive the regulator up or down... the only wires that are currently not connected are the door speakers
Old 12-18-2020, 12:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Bicycle, 2004 c200k
How did you know your window regulator is broken? If your door panel is off/open can you unplug your door lock from the control unit or disconnect negative battery terminal (my door pin would not push down because my broken control unit was sending constant 12 v to it / it was always on) without power it moved freely.

Aren't you curious why your window regulator would pop and now your door lock pin doesn't budge? an electrial pop and a coincidental <mechanical> issue? or is there something more mysterious going on

when things pop they usually destroy something else , my money is on the control unit

Broken regulator overloading the window motor > rip control unit and rip door lock actuator. your job to prove me wrong

Last edited by DjaKRAbb; 12-18-2020 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-18-2020, 01:29 PM

2003 c200k w203
Yep

Originally Posted by DjaKRAbb
How did you know your window regulator is broken? If your door panel is off/open can you unplug your door lock from the control unit or disconnect negative battery terminal (my door pin would not push down because my broken control unit was sending constant 12 v to it / it was always on) without power it moved freely.

Aren't you curious why your window regulator would pop and now your door lock pin doesn't budge? an electrial pop and a coincidental <mechanical> issue? or is there something more mysterious going on

when things pop they usually destroy something else , my money is on the control unit

Broken regulator overloading the window motor > rip control unit and rip door lock actuator. your job to prove me wrong
You could be right...i dont act like an expert this is my first merc. The regulator popped and when I pulled off the door panel...it was in pieces...how much does an ECU cost....asking for a friend