C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Key Dependency???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 11:18 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key Dependency???

Can someone explain to me the exact steps to configure the key dependency feature please... as well as the expected results. I did a search and found one thread that didn't anwser my question.

My expectation is that after proper configuration, when I get in the car with my key the seat would adjust to my M1 position and when my wife gets into the car with her key the seat would adjust to her M1 position.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Did you follow the steps in the manual? Did they make sense? Are you and your wife about the same size and use very similar positioning?

There is a safety point that is not explained in the manual. If your seat position is past a predetermined point then the seat will not move on the easy exit feature. If the seat is positioned just an inch or two in front of that point it will then move past that point upon exiting. HTH
Old 08-28-2004, 11:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Did you follow the steps in the manual? Did they make sense? Are you and your wife about the same size and use very similar positioning?

There is a safety point that is not explained in the manual. If your seat position is past a predetermined point then the seat will not move on the easy exit feature. If the seat is positioned just an inch or two in front of that point it will then move past that point upon exiting. HTH

the manual doesn't explain anything about this feature... i looked all over... it just explains how to turn it on through the computer.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
well if you are tall enough the easy exit feature will not move the seat back any further. all you have to do is set key dependency to on and one key used is set to memory 1 and another set to memory 2. the car remembers which memory setting you use for each key.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
There is a safety feature that only allows the seat to travel so far forward so it does not crush a tall persons knees into the dash when they are using a short persons key. Both my wife and I are not tall enough for this set position, so the seat will move to the safety spot and stop, then we need to push the button to go the rest of the way. For me it is about an inch, for my wife she is almost all the way forward so hers takes a few seconds to get to! If she is the last to drive the car, the seat goes back enough for her to exit but only enough to be in about the spot I would normally sit, so mine does not go forward at all when I put my key in after her! Instead it adjust down and changes the wheel and seat back position! As it is already forward enough. There is apparantly a way to turn the safety feature off in StarDiag via the dealer! I have never requested it since my wife once in a while will use my key and her seat is set on M3 for my key as well, so if I get in afterward I would be in a very uncomfortable position until I realize the setting is wrong!
Old 08-30-2004, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
when the seat goes back and there is someone in the backseat i will push the button on the door which controls the seat cushion to stop the seat from moving back any further.