C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Oil Change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Me neither, that's why I now only buy cars that either have free maintenance or the dealer does $20 oil changes whilst you wait like Ford/Chevy.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
Sure would be a pain to do it that way, jacking the car up, setting up jack stands removing that huge plastic panel and then putting it back together. Then consider that when you jack the car up and the engine is at an angle, are you getting all the oil. It would be a fun experiment and suck the oil out through the dipstick tube and then see what's left when you pull the drain plug out. Also, if you do change the oil yourself, does that satisfy Service A and how do you reset the warnings?
Actually if the plug is at the rear of the oil pan like it should be then you should get more out than with the pump! Since there is most likely a lower point in the pan where the plug is and the pump may not go to that low point! Also you can reset the Service A and B with the MFD and the reset button as described in the manual! I plan on keeping mine after the Maint is up so I have already thought of all this, as I am cheap and more than capable of changing my own oil! $25 is a heck of a lot cheaper than what Service A and B cost at the Stealer! More fun as well. The lower panels may take you all of 10 minutes to remove! I only have one panel on my 190 as they both were missing when I bought the car and I have only found one so far for cheap! It takes me less than 2 minutes to remove the 4 screws that should only be hand tightened anyhow! An 8mm socket on a small ratchet and pop the 4 loose then hand unscrew them and the panel drops! Less than 2 minutes and if I had the other panel it may add another 30 seconds for the other two screws! **** on the 190 I don't even need to jack it up to remove the screws, but the C is a little lower than the 190 is so that one would need some jacking up! Not a big deal really, and as for keeping it clean inside, that is what I have hand cleaner in the garage for! And oil change should take no more than 30 minutes of your time on the C class!