C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

HELP, LIMP MODE , SECONDARY AIR INJECTION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2021 | 10:03 PM

C32 amg
HELP, LIMP MODE , SECONDARY AIR INJECTION

M112 engine. W203 class.

So my friend and I replaced his radiator and upper hose yesterday. As we finished we made the mistake of not double checking everything and just started the car.

Immediately an oil cooler line popped out and oil started pouring out. Turned car off. Put it back together. Made sure it was good.

Car now says "reduce engine oil level" and says it has 8.9 quarts when it didn't say that before when it should be 8. We lost some oil, now it says to reduce and we have to much?

NOW, besides that, after everything was connected and looked good, we went on a test drive and within 30 seconds find out the upper radiator hose came off the block. (We forgot to tighten the clamp, amature mistake I know.)

Hot coolant basically hosed out all over the engine bay making lots of white smoke. We keep erasing code for "secondary air injection" but it keeps coming back and putting us in limp home mode.

Whichever gear we shift into manually will be stuck in that gear, limp mode.

I erased all codes and trans codes multiple times and came back. We let the car sit overnight, and drove it this morning for a little before the problem came back. Same "secondary air injection" code with CEL popping up.

Going to perform diagnosis on the secondary air injection setup today. Any input and pointers are much appreciated.

I've replaced conductor plates myself and this is baffling me. I'm assuming oil/coolant got into the air system.

Last edited by Hydro Tsunami; 02-15-2021 at 10:28 PM.