C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Seat Control Module reprogramming required?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 10:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C250
Seat Control Module reprogramming required?

My seat would only go half way forward so I got another from eBay but nothing works when I plug it in. Do these need to be reprogrammed or reset before they work? I plugged the old module back in and it works, except the half way forward issue.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:06 AM

2013 C250
Any seat-module-smart MBW members out there?
Old 03-20-2021, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E250 2012 convertible
I also have this issue.

My passenger seat is too reclined even at its most upright position using the button. I read some where that there is a seat reset sequence. All the way back on the rails and hold for 5 seconds then the same forward. Going to try tomorrow.
Old 03-20-2021, 12:48 PM

2013 C250
Originally Posted by androsg
My passenger seat is too reclined even at its most upright position using the button. I read some where that there is a seat reset sequence. All the way back on the rails and hold for 5 seconds then the same forward. Going to try tomorrow.
I tried that but it didn't work. The halfway forward issue ended up being a bad solder joint on the headrest motor hall effect sensor that prevented me from going all the way forward (code reader didn't lie). Apparently the computer didn't want the headrest to rip up the headliner if the seat and headrest heights were all the way up and then you tried to move the seat forward. It WILL hit the headliner if you do that. The computer starts to lower the headrest as you move forward, assuming it actually is working.

Back to the modules, I still have two bricks that don't work because they probably need some programming done to them.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:53 AM

E250 2012 convertible
Smile Thanks for replying!

Originally Posted by mildenbenz
I tried that but it didn't work. The halfway forward issue ended up being a bad solder joint on the headrest motor hall effect sensor that prevented me from going all the way forward (code reader didn't lie). Apparently the computer didn't want the headrest to rip up the headliner if the seat and headrest heights were all the way up and then you tried to move the seat forward. It WILL hit the headliner if you do that. The computer starts to lower the headrest as you move forward, assuming it actually is working.

Back to the modules, I still have two bricks that don't work because they probably need some programming done to them.
That makes sense.
I have a service booked for tomorrow at a Mercedes service centre and will provide them your learnings.
Hopefully it is not an expensive fix!
Old 03-29-2021, 10:16 PM

2013 C250
That makes sense.
I have a service booked for tomorrow at a Mercedes service centre and will provide them your learnings.
Hopefully it is not an expensive fix!
What happened at the dealer?
Old 03-30-2021, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 411 Likes on 342 Posts
C320
Originally Posted by mildenbenz
My seat would only go half way forward so I got another from eBay but nothing works when I plug it in. Do these need to be reprogrammed or reset before they work? I plugged the old module back in and it works, except the half way forward issue.
Do the new and old seat module part numbers match exactly? Seat modules are interchangable without any coding. Your ebay seller might have sold you a bad one.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:19 PM

2013 C250
Originally Posted by tjts1
Do the new and old seat module part numbers match exactly? Seat modules are interchangable without any coding. Your ebay seller might have sold you a bad one.
No it wasn't the exact same part number. I used the EPC and found there was a supersession and bought that part number. And there was a supersession to the supersession. Bought that too. Big mistake. Should have just stuck with the exact same. Lesson learned. But the soldering of the head rest motor fixed the issue anyway.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:02 AM

E250 2012 convertible
When I explained it, they sounded confident that it just needed reprogramming, even though I printed out your comments and gave it them. I picked it up and they told me it was all sorted (no charge!). In fact it was exactly the same as it was. They reprogrammed it again, still the same as before. A bit annoying. I think maybe an auto electicion to look at the solder that you mentioned. What do you think?
Old 04-06-2021, 06:37 AM

2013 C250
When I explained it, they sounded confident that it just needed reprogramming, even though I printed out your comments and gave it them. I picked it up and they told me it was all sorted (no charge!). In fact it was exactly the same as it was. They reprogrammed it again, still the same as before. A bit annoying. I think maybe an auto electicion to look at the solder that you mentioned. What do you think?
Did the dealer give you the error code they said they corrected? I could clear my code but it would come right back which is why I figured it was a real fault somewhere.