C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C55 oxygen sensor issues need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 03:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
2005 C55 AMG
Question C55 oxygen sensor issues need help

Recently purchased this car that has catalyst deleted and has been tuned buy eurocharge (by the previous owner and not my first choice for tuners) but this code is setting for only the left bank. From what the owner told me they stopped the catalyst monitor from running so the ME doesn't ever run the test. I doubt that's all they did to keep the light out but with no software on hand, I can't know for sure. I have replaced both sensors on that side with new bosh sensors but no help. Looking at Lamba data upper oxygen sensors are working correctly and lowers ones are as well. Talking with autologic they also stated everything sensor-wise functioning properly but couldn't really help me any further since the cats have been removed. The only thing different from the left to the right bank is the Oxygen sensor placement bank to bank when they made the custom exhaust. left bank upper O2 is about 3 inches lower the right and lower o2 is also about 2 to 2 1/2 inches back than right. Oxygen sensor placement can affect a computer's response but it seems like that would be the issue especially since all sensors are reading correctly. I do understand that the ME is looking for a certain reaction from upstream and downstream every 10 minutes or so to see if the correction change in A/F reacts properly to O2's. I really at a loss of what if there's anything short of bringing it to someone else to have the tune fixed or there's something I'm missing. hope someone has any info.
Thank you. Andrew

P207F) Left O2 sensor (G3/3), before TWC (KAT) Ageing, correction variable exceeded Delay time too long