C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

New '02 C240 owner! Lots of questions and opinions :)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-15-2002, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C240 6spd
It seems like we are always looking for something to modify our cars...I guess cars were made for that. But, with all the money we invest modifying our cars....we could have probably bought the next model up or another model with more power. For us sedan owners....I feel as if you knew going in what you were buying....and if you were not happy with the perofrmance, then there are other models or other makes with better perfromance for less money. I love my car for what it is...hey, dont get me wrong...if I had an extra $10000 lying around....I would install the Kleeman supercharger. But, sometimes I feel as if we are looking for a few more HP that will not help us get what we are looking for. And with MB warranty issues, I am hesitant to do anything that radical.
Old 05-15-2002, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Toyota Tacoma & Lexus IS250
shtatc - I agree with you 100% !! (well maybe 105% with the K&N..hehhehe)

I am 100% satisfied with my C320. Only upgrades I have done are the C32 AMG wheels and the chrome exhaust tips.

I thoroughly test drove the car to make sure I wouldn't wanna mod the eng to make it faster or wishing that it had more power.

If you're unhappy with the C240...trade it in for a new or used C320 if you want more power.

Otherwise, enjoy your car for what it is.

Last edited by bagwell; 05-15-2002 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-15-2002, 12:50 PM

My 2cents: Most European Car I've driven are like that. My last car was an Acura TL and it goes when you floor it. For MB, and I've tested this a few timew, you cannot floor the gas pedal but just enough to the RPM that the car produce the Max HP, the car response much quicker than flooring the gas pedal.
Old 05-15-2002, 01:00 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally posted by SoCal240/6

And a test on a Corvette has meaning for a MB because . . . why?

The intake on the C320/240 has been tested already, by Carlsen and others. The stock intake and the stock air filter can provide far, far more air than the stock engine can ever process. Period, end of story. So, nothing you do to the air filter (including taking it out entirely) will increase power.

But if you want to believe nonsense K&N marketing hype (or the testimonials of people who claim they can "feel" a supposed 5 hp difference in their car. LOL!), go ahead.
my point was not focused on the car but the K&N product.

"nonsense K&N marketing hype" ? those test i talked about was done by Motorweek on a dyno. So you are calling the information provided by dyno testimonial?
Old 05-15-2002, 01:04 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally posted by wizkid

I bet they replaced the physical airbox too because the K&N yields ZERO HP on Vette's/Camaro's/Trans Ams (they all have the LS1 engine which is exactly the same minus a insignificant change in cams. I have a 99 Z28 that puts down 390 hp to the wheels on my blown clutch which I am about to replace. We actually flowed the K&N over a Fram air filter. There was maybe 40 cfm difference but they both flowed over 1000 cfm at 28" so there was no virtually no difference because that is well over what my LS1 V8 will need in it's current form.

My wifes 240 has gotten a lot better on the low end, especially taht dumb delay it use to have almost like a miss when you initially punched the gas pedal. It seemed to get better around 14,000 miles but my wife says it is still there.

Eric
www.installuniversity.com
yes that's what they did. they replace the whole airbox with a big a** K&N airbox/filter in the center front of the car. the motorweek guys even have to take off the hood when they do the installation.