C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Illuminated Door Sills

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What about making it a European delivery? Order the door sills along with your car. When you pick up your car in Germany, if they dont have the door sills installed, ask them to roll the car back to the factory and get it done right away. I think the "greeters" in MB headquarters are more knowledgable and courteous than your sales monkey in the States!!!! You are picking up the car right at the headquarters, and you are not happy with it, they should do soemthing about it, right???
Old 09-04-2002, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
Originally posted by tommy
The former. Someone here mentioned that their cargo net was part of their purchase, and since it's crappy, and pulled out of the hook, he was able to get it replaced under warranty, since he bought it with his original purchase.
that someone was me -- my dealer was really cool about it too. since i ordered the cargo net and the floor mats with my car (included in the loan), they too have a 4 year / 50k warranty. both products suck so i'm glad the warranty is there.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 MB C230 coupe
session:

how do you go about getting the salesperson to order the accessories you want when sometimes they don't even know what you're talking about. you just tell them what you want, and they're like "i don't see that listed so it must not be available". it's hard to trust someone to order what you want, when they don't even know what you're talking about. anyway, i just wish i could go order this car through the president himself or at least his secretary.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Are you married to this salesperson?

I'd think about going to another. Obviously, this person has their head very far up their a$$; I'd switch, or ask to see the manager. Move up, or move on.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
no no no, it's not a problem yet. i just started talking to this guy and he's doing his best to get accurate info so he doesn't screw anything up. he couldn't find what i wanted right away with what he had so he's trying to get the information for me. i'm just talking as in a worst case scenerio. i'm just wondering what would happen if a salesperson can never find listed what you're wanting even though you know it's available. my problem is that my salesman is offering a price based on the invoice but he's having trouble finding invoice prices for everything i want.
Old 09-04-2002, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
Originally posted by truelove79
session:

how do you go about getting the salesperson to order the accessories you want when sometimes they don't even know what you're talking about. you just tell them what you want, and they're like "i don't see that listed so it must not be available". it's hard to trust someone to order what you want, when they don't even know what you're talking about. anyway, i just wish i could go order this car through the president himself or at least his secretary.
my salesperson knew about the floor mats but wasn't sure about the cargo net. he just put an approximate price down on the quote worksheet and they factored it into the loan. simply take them a part number or a catalog and show them what you're talking about -- it's hard to believe they can't find it from that point on.

good luck!
Old 09-06-2002, 06:39 PM

e500 4matic; c240
get them thrown in to the deal...

If you are buying the car new, I would ask for the sills to be thrown in on the deal. They are not a very expensive part for them to get. If they don't know about them, I believe you, since when we ordered ours they had no clue what we were talking about. The salesman spoke with the parts people and had them installed before delivery.

good luck....
Old 06-07-2003, 09:11 AM

Illuminated Door Sills Q's

hi,

I have questions on the illuminated door sills:

1. I have seen several running approx $200 on ebay and they mentioned it's placed on top of the OEM 'non-illuminated' sills. They mentioned that ALL 4 sills are illuminated. Does anyone have experience with this?

2. Did anyone buy the sills from Steve (MBenzNL)? Is the one from Steve OEM MB? (because only 2 front ones will illuminate)..

I would like to know how much involvement to install these illuminated sills for both (1) and (2) statements above.

thanks
Old 06-07-2003, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
i can answer the first question. i have dealer installed illuminated sills. the dealer ordered them from MB and installed them. and yes, they are installed over the top of the original sills.
Old 06-07-2003, 11:15 AM

hi,

to confirm, so..eventhough it's dealer installed (MB), it will be just on top?

do you have all 4 lighted or only 2?

thanks
Old 06-07-2003, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here are the facts:

1) The factory illuminated sills ARE taped ON TOP of your stock sills. So as the eBay ones.

2) MB does NOT offer illuminated sills for 4 doors, ONLY the front.

3) I was told the quality of the eBay ones varies. You have to try your luck. If you open the rear door and look at the sills, you will noticed that it is not 100% flat. It sort of tilt upward towards the end. Obviously the eBay ones will not have that angle for you.

4) If you were to install the sills yourself, it will probably take you a day to figure it out because you will have no idea of what you're supposed to do (even if you look at the factory instructions). If you were to have the dealer to install them for you, I think they will charge you 3-4 hours of labor (thats what I paid for mine).

5) If you think the eBay ones are a bit fishy and the MB ones are a bit expensive, thats when I come into the picture. I use the factory sills, modify it and replace it with a custom made illuminated strip. You can put any letterings you want. Then, you will have MB quality sills, personalized letterings, priced in between the eBay ones and the stock ones, and also, the sills sit right back into the original slot!

6) If you know what you're doing, you'll find that its actually a pretty straight forward job. My customers can install my sills in an hr or so because my instructions are more straight forward.
Old 06-07-2003, 12:38 PM

can you pos that ebay site? curious as to what they look like. many thanks
Old 06-07-2003, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
I got mine through Steve. At a buck eighty it's a bargain! It took Steve like an hour or so to install and I've seen other posts w/other forum members where they've done it quicker. You gotta get these things though, they are totally awesome and always trip out the valet!
Old 06-07-2003, 01:07 PM

c-320 sports sedan
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2418361673

maybe?
Old 06-07-2003, 03:03 PM

thanks guys for the info...

enri007, is the one from Steve OEM MB part?
Old 06-07-2003, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
99.99% sure it is an OEM part.
Old 06-08-2003, 12:00 PM

W203
Here are my sills from Steve. Very pleased w/ them. The install took about 1 hr. I searched this forum regarding installation and there were a few members who gave detail instructions that were easy to follow.

They go over the old sills and they are really flat. The rears are not illuminated and they have the curve to fit just right and have the Mercedes Benz embossed. For the price of 180, you can't go wrong and coming from Steve you'll sure to like them.

Jay

I would like to thank Timster for his detailed instructions.

sorry, pics are not that good.

Jay

Last edited by Class C; 06-09-2003 at 02:40 AM.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:29 PM

Jay,

could you please forward to me or post here the detail instructions from Timster? I tried to do search but could not find it. I really appreciate it.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally posted by enri007
99.99% sure it is an OEM part.
erm...sorry...it is not OEM though ...

greetingz,
Old 06-08-2003, 10:52 PM

C320 Coupe
The pics look great!
Old 06-09-2003, 04:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
check website

You can check my site www.mercedesmods.com for more info installing the sill plates. Yes it is correct, the original ones have only 2 illuminated plates for the front. Each plate requires you to connect 2 wires. One constant 12volts and the ground from the door switch. That's it.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:21 PM

I'd considered the "stick-on-top" adhesive things. For about 30 seconds. Then I found Harris Tsu at Harton Motorwerks. Harton's custom sills REPLACE the existing sill (on my C230K sedan) with the same MB factory sill, but modified. He purchases new stock sills from MB, removes the metal "Mercedes Benz" plate, and replaces it with a custom fabricated illuminated plate, which can say whatever you want to to say. I sent Harris a Photoshop file with my own personal lettering, and just got the sills today. FABULOUS!! No stick-on crap that can collect dirt or water underneath, or add height to the stock sill...these are the same identical sills that are on your car now, but modified.

http://www.hartonmotorwerks.com/development.htm

Instructions are simple, and he provides everything installed and ready to go. Wiring, transformer, wires already have clips on them, news sills contain new clips, etc. And the step-by-step instructions are crystal clear.

Installing them tonight. Only tool required is a screwdriver.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
well when the time comes to remove my double sided tape illuminuted sills i bought from the dealer ill probably go this route!
Old 07-12-2004, 03:44 PM
DJM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by tonewheel
I'd considered the "stick-on-top" adhesive things. For about 30 seconds. Then I found Harris Tsu at Harton Motorwerks. Harton's custom sills REPLACE the existing sill (on my C230K sedan) with the same MB factory sill, but modified. He purchases new stock sills from MB, removes the metal "Mercedes Benz" plate, and replaces it with a custom fabricated illuminated plate, which can say whatever you want to to say. I sent Harris a Photoshop file with my own personal lettering, and just got the sills today. FABULOUS!! No stick-on crap that can collect dirt or water underneath, or add height to the stock sill...these are the same identical sills that are on your car now, but modified.

http://www.hartonmotorwerks.com/development.htm

Instructions are simple, and he provides everything installed and ready to go. Wiring, transformer, wires already have clips on them, news sills contain new clips, etc. And the step-by-step instructions are crystal clear.

Installing them tonight. Only tool required is a screwdriver.

Sounds great. How much were they? And definitely post some pics when you finish the install!!!!!
Old 07-12-2004, 05:10 PM

Will do....I'll snap some pics to show the results.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Illuminated Door Sills