C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Washers don’t work. Need to bypass the system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
220 cdi
Washers don’t work. Need to bypass the system

Hi all .forgive me if someone has had this issue 🙏 but I have genuinely searched.it’s gotten to the wiring diagram stage as I’ve hopefully been quite thorough with my checks😮‍💨
So I’m about done with the Dam car. Washer doesn’t work.
No power at pump. No power at front Sam on wire going to pump.
I’m aware no fuse , it’s electronic.

car has sat for a while due to EIS failure and getting a new one and key that got lost in the mail for 2 months 🙄

Swapped to another front SAM unit . Same problem.
New multi control stalk switch fitted. Same problem.
ICARSOFT diagnostic tool says open or short to ground on power to pump. Checked for short to ground. Checked for power as stated no power coming out of SAM unit. Same on the other SAM unit.
Is there a way to BYPASS it. A wire I can cut or spice into to bring a feed to the pump ? Any help appreciated

if I put a feed from the steering wheel plug to the motor would it resolve the issue .I have no access to wiring diagrams For the associated feeds to Front SAM which might be at fault .
Old 02-07-2022, 05:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 201 Posts
2003 C230K Coupe Orion Blue
Only so many things can go wrong. I'd look for a damaged wire.

The fact that both SAMs have the same problem sounds rather suspicious. There might be some sort of safety check that's failing, which is why you're not detecting any voltage in the wiring. Did you check all wires between the SAM and pump for continuity?