C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Anyone else have power window probs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Anyone else have power window probs?

Yesterday, my driver's side power window went halfway up and then back down twice when I clicked the auto-up feature. As it is the window never felt quite smooth and it vibrated a bit at highway speed. I am hoping that it's just a track out of adjustment, but I would like any feedback (thoughts, experience, advice) you could offer.

Goes to the dealer in the morning. Another f*&@king rental/loaner car! I hope it is minor and I can get my car back for the weekend.

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2002, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c230k, black, auto, c2 (let the sunshine in), Bose, leather, and CD
yup, had that one too. I'll spare everyone my list.

The dealership fixed it. Just take it in.

Beth
Old 05-16-2002, 01:26 PM

2008 C300 Sport
Re: Anyone else have power window probs?

Originally posted by kompress
Yesterday, my driver's side power window went halfway up and then back down twice when I clicked the auto-up feature. As it is the window never felt quite smooth and it vibrated a bit at highway speed. I am hoping that it's just a track out of adjustment, but I would like any feedback (thoughts, experience, advice) you could offer.

Goes to the dealer in the morning. Another f*&@king rental/loaner car! I hope it is minor and I can get my car back for the weekend.

Thanks.
Don't know if this will help. I read in other posts that sometimes the auto window feature needs to be reset. If I remember, you raise the window by holding up the button (as if there were no auto feature) and continue to hold it for 2 -3 seconds after it reaches the top. That apparently resets the function. If I remembered incorrectly, I'm sure someone will correct me.
Old 05-16-2002, 01:29 PM
Almost a Member!

C230/ B. Silver/Leather
No problems with mine so far.
Old 05-16-2002, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Anyone else have power window probs?

Originally posted by Mark08859

Don't know if this will help. I read in other posts that sometimes the auto window feature needs to be reset. If I remember, you raise the window by holding up the button (as if there were no auto feature) and continue to hold it for 2 -3 seconds after it reaches the top. That apparently resets the function. If I remembered incorrectly, I'm sure someone will correct me.
Yup...i had this this problem and I still have it occasionally.. once I reset it using the above method.. it works fine... give this a shot because this is what the dealer does too...
Old 05-16-2002, 02:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
mercedes always had terrible window problems every other mercedes i had which is 6 of them all had other window probloms i only brought it to the dealer a cupple times other times i called roadside assistance and they came to my house and fixed it all they did was replace the switches and that did it u might wanna try calling it could save u a trip to the dealer.