C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

"All" disconnected, Battery still drains

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2023, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C180 2006
Question "All" disconnected, Battery still drains

I need advice on a draining battery – 2006 C180 Compressor, Estate, left hand drive (Sweden)

There is a 0.3A leakage that I’m struggling to locate.

I have looked at different threads here, but not found something that can help.

I have:
  • Removed all fuses and relays in the fuse boxes – rear, cockpit and engine compartment.
  • Disconnected all cables from the large connection box next to the battery – the one connected straight to positive terminal.
  • Disconnected the two large data connectors next to the air filter box.
  • Disconnected the alternator main power cable and the smaller connector to the regulator. – I read in some post that on rare occasions, the diodes could be faulty and leak power – no such luck.
What I have left connected, is the main positive cable running from the battery to the rear of the engine. It appears to be joining up with the main cable from the alternator, and they both run side by side to the other side of the engine. After that it becomes quite difficult to see. I suppose the both cables could meet up at the starter, and the solenoid for the starter is the problem, but I really don’t know.

What component further down this cable could be eating the power, where do the two cables end up?