C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

clc 180 kompressor noob seeking advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2023, 01:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 clc 180 kompressor auto
clc 180 kompressor noob seeking advice

hello. i have just bought (a few weeks ago) a 2009 clc 180 kompressor (automatic). i didnt pay a lot for it and it has seen better days but its my first fixer upper as well as my first MB . after searching and reading for the past few weeks i have decided to seek some advice! theres a few issues and any advice would be great!

i managed to replace the rear interior light/parktronic display as it was missing, hoping this would get the parktronic working which it did not. it does the 2 red lights on both displays and beeps then turns off. without getting it scanned, is it likely to be a dead sensor?

whilst fixing the rear light i took the overhead control panel off.. straight away i noticed it was 1. warm to the touch and 2. making a noise (the little fan inside) which never goes off. i sat in the passenger seat with the keys out, doors locked and alarm activated staying quiet to see if it would go to sleep, which it didnt. whilst i has that panel off i felt the sunroof motor which was also warm. is the warmth coming from the control panel or the sunroof motor. (sunroof fully works after some wd40 but still a bit creaky). the sunroof motor is connected directly to this panel. this may also be draining the battery slightly as it starts but seems weak. i was told it had a new battery. 12v measured.

maybe related.. the drivers seat has a big tear in it.. right where you sit. if this has damaged something in the seat could it be causing the above issue ^ i am looking for new seats all around anyway due to a paint spillage in the back.

screenwash only activates if i first turn on the wipers. clicking the stick in does nothing at all. even had the pump off testing it until i read about it maybe being the stalk :/

any advice on those would be great. car was in VERY poor cosmetic condition inside but so far seems to be driving well at 110,000 miles.

thanks!
Old 05-11-2023, 01:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 clc 180 kompressor auto
when the key is in the ignition, engine off.. there is something whining or ticking under the bonnet.. sounds like its coming from right of center possibly behind or underneath what i believe to be the black power steering fluid box thing.