C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Fiber Optic decoder BOSE system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2023, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C320
Fiber Optic decoder BOSE system

Hello all,
I am new to the site and although I've read through several threads regarding the BOSE audio system in my 2003 C320 I am having trouble getting the audio to work with my new android head unit. I so far have been able to wire in the head unit with no issues as far as constant 12V, ground, key on, and illumination, I am not concerned with the steering wheel controls so at this point I just need to get the audio working through the fiber optic system. I purchased what seems to be the only decoder available for my car and I am having no luck getting it to play. I was playing with it last night and at the amp I could see red light coming through the cable after wiring in the decoder. I suppose my question is do I have to remove the CD changer and short the optic cable(I am not going to use the CDC so this doesn't bother me) or is there something I need to run power to in order for it to work? The instructions that came with the decoder are unclear to me. Ideally I would prefer to not replace amp/speakers/sub but if it is simpler to run new speaker wires from the existing amp to the head unit any advice could be offered in that regard would be appreciated.
Decoder I purchased:
Amazon Amazon