C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Ac hoses

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2023 | 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes c230 2007
Ac hoses

Hi! I’ve read here for awhile, ever since buying my car from my nephew. I’ve worked on it myself after the first mobile mechanic I trusted screwed me over and a lot of help was from these forums so thank you!

But I haven’t found this issue so I’m posting since google isn’t helping me either.

My AC compressor went bad. I couldn’t afford to buy one and one of the ladies I work with had told her father about me and he offered for his friend( a mechanic) to fix it for me. He ordered the part and the idler pulley and belt tensioner. To replace them all. When I got the car back the mechanic guy said he couldn’t put the hoses on because I needed an AC guy to do that. He didn’t have whatever he needed to do it. I didnt want to really push since they had fixed my car for free and got it running again. But I really need my hoses on! I’m a single mom of 3 and with heat index in Orlando being 120-130 lately and my car throwing heat from under the dash, I desperately need AC again. So I contacted a few shops to see how much it would be to put the hoses on and they said it’s a liability so they won’t put them on. I can’t afford to buy new ones to have them put on like they suggested. I need to put my own on!

Here’s the issue, I can’t find anything that tells me how to put them on! I’ve followed videos and changed my alternator and intake manifold myself on this car. But can’t find this! Can anyone tell me how to put these two hose back on my compressor and connect them where they go?

I’m hoping I don’t have to remove the compressor to do it😔
Old 08-18-2023 | 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 214 Likes on 204 Posts
2003 C230K Coupe Orion Blue
Depending on which hose you are referring to, it looks like an O-ring and a single fastener to join the hoses to the next part.

If you are talking about charging the AC system afterwards, yes, that requires specialized equipment, as well as someone licensed in refrigeration. Can't mess around with compressed gases, or leaked refrigerant.

Last edited by slammer111; 08-18-2023 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-19-2023 | 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes c230 2007
Originally Posted by slammer111
Depending on which hose you are referring to, it looks like an O-ring and a single fastener to join the hoses to the next part.

If you are talking about charging the AC system afterwards, yes, that requires specialized equipment, as well as someone licensed in refrigeration. Can't mess around with compressed gases, or leaked refrigerant.
I don’t know where to connect the hoses though :/ or how to get the hoses onto the compressor that’s currently in the car. Do I have to remove the compressor to attach them then put it back in or can I can connect everything without taking things off the car? I can’t find a tutorial to show me how to install the hoses :/
Old 08-19-2023 | 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 214 Likes on 204 Posts
2003 C230K Coupe Orion Blue
I couldn't tell you exactly (I haven't had to touch my AC system personally), so you'll have to look. Your car (2007 C230) engine is rather rare, and is different from the majority of people on this forum. If I were to guess though, the hoses can be installed without having to remove the compressor. You may have to move a bunch of stuff out of the way though.

Honestly, if you're unsure, it's best to simply get it professionally done. A poorly installed hose will leak refrigerant and cost you more money down the road. Then there is the risk of serious injury dealing with compressed gas and refrigerants.

Last edited by slammer111; 08-19-2023 at 05:25 PM.